His Fingers Sing!

I like the clip w the band better. Seems like the person on Roland is having lots of fun by anyhow wecking. Hahaha....seems to me like anyhow weck lah, but I'm sure its really more than that.

Reminds me of my last piano lesson....which is abt "intro", "ending" and "anyhow weck". Hahaha....long lecture to motivate me on experimenting on my own.

The "anyhow wacking" is a method of B3 playing! Yes, that guy is good at the Hammond-type style! He did look as if he just "wack"!

Not a name for the playing! The Hammond B3 is a type of organ famous for the rotating leslie speakers. Very popular among african-american gospel music playing, and also various genres.

woa...Cool!~~

Hey Cheez, is the Hammond Organ the one that Ray Charles played with?

Ray Charles is known to play piano. I imagine it'd be a little hard for a blind man to play the hammond organ properly. If you watched any video of Ray Charles playing something other than a piano, it's probably a Rhodes.

Here's one of my favourite videos. a very comprehensive display of standard B3 techniques and chops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8dAeHe7Ow

Wow, this Mark Dennison guy is like a jukebox! Ha..haa.. all his songs are my era.

kongwee, are your two vids in the wrong thread? :-D

I kinda started this thread to showcase unique playing skills of keyboardists. Anyone can contribute and it has happened. I posted the recent one by Mark to showcases how he uses a cheapo arranger to greatly amplify his music talents and keyboarding skills. He's really a rare kind.

No offence intended, ok? :)

Isn't create something your own is a keyboard skill? I don't really like arranger type keyboard due the fact that not many preset I like to play. Having a MPC style keyboard, add many dimension to your music. It demand a lot of creativity,improvisation and planning. Come up something really unique to you. Something like Mark can be done by many people. Just using four chord progression and loop it. Start improvising. Upload to youttube. My instructor who teach me composing already show this in my pop composing course. When I learn piano improvisation, I do need arranger to train a lot of style. Normally, I will switch off chord detection and just run the rhythm preset. With such skill, I enter the DAW world can come with this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kongwee1978?feature=mhum#p/u/4/OtY6hLHWzx4

Note every note and beat of all instrument are played or key in by me.
But mostly, I do demo for people with this level of arrangement.
Lately, I wanna to do trance, house, dance music more toward kpop.
Being too much in arrangement, I lose my skill to play live fingering piano.

So in the end, keyboard skill is not just about finger.:p

Isn't create something your own is a keyboard skill? I don't really like arranger type keyboard due the fact that not many preset I like to play. Having a MPC style keyboard, add many dimension to your music. It demand a lot of creativity,improvisation and planning. Come up something really unique to you. Something like Mark can be done by many people. Just using four chord progression and loop it. Start improvising. Upload to youttube. My instructor who teach me composing already show this in my pop composing course. When I learn piano improvisation, I do need arranger to train a lot of style. Normally, I will switch off chord detection and just run the rhythm preset. With such skill, I enter the DAW world can come with this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kongwee1978?feature=mhum#p/u/4/OtY6hLHWzx4

Note every note and beat of all instrument are played or key in by me.
But mostly, I do demo for people with this level of arrangement.
Lately, I wanna to do trance, house, dance music more toward kpop.
Being too much in arrangement, I lose my skill to play live fingering piano.

So in the end, keyboard skill is not just about finger.:p

I see...hmmm...I started this thread to showcase "exceptional and uncommonly skilful playing" or "playing that gives that UMMPH effect and feeling" and at one point, I even posted a beatboxer (nothing to do with fingers :-D). In short, it's really out of the ordinary.

Perhaps you can post your works in the Open Mic Section so that your talent won't go unoticed? I'm scared that you will flood this thread with what can be commonly found. No offence, ok? :)

As the title reads, "...Fingers Sing". One uniqueness about Mark is that he has shown the ability to play under constraints. To think, his playing is at times is not 100% perfect. Have you ever played on a PSR-E413 that make it seem like playng on a Tyros? If I would come across someone who uses a casio to play well like him, I would also post it here.

Imagine this - Two painters, one with a palette of only 3 primary colours and the other with a palette of a wide spectrum of colours. Both of them paint the same picture and they turn out equally outstanding. Which would you showcase?

I wouldn't doubt that you have the skill and talent, as many softies (excluding me) do and better, and I believe that your instructor have taught you well. Perhaps taking it a step further, be a bit more humble, ok?...Again, no offence, ok?

Back