HELP: video/audio slow playrate, after enabling ASIO

roxs

Hi guys,

Hope i can get some help here,

im using a creative fatality X-Fi interface for my midi keyboard.

i would sometimes leave my music software on (ASIO on),and watch some videos or mp3 on youtube or my media player, however the playrate is very slow. anyone knows why?

i realize if i change the preferences from ASIO to MME/directx, playrate goes back to normal.

if anyone has encountered the same problem, i would love to hear your solution to it!

thanks!!

thanks blueprintstudios! using asio4all did solve the problem. many thanks.

yea i am using creative asio driver, together with live8.1 or minihost, is that a common problem with creative asio driver?

can you explain the 44.1khz > 48khz sample rate thing?
would like to know more what you mean about that?

yeap I was just fixing up a computer for someone's home studio, he has a creative audigy2 and when drivers installed, it has its own Creative ASIO drivers at 50+ms latency which is pretty crap. or ASIO4all should bring you down to about 13ms.

basically sample rate when it comes to "speed" , most video cameras record at 16bit 48khz audio , so if you were to "FILM@48khz 16bit" + "live audio record at 44.1khz 16bit". when you bring it home and try put it together to sync you'll find it's running or one's faster than the other or something like that.

even when you wanna do recording for guitars/bass/vocals (16/44) after tracking drums at a studio at 24bit 48khz, when you put them together in the same session the 48khz tracks go nuts, like either chipmunk or godzilla. so you'll need to "downsample" them to 44.1khz before you place it together with your own tracks.

hope this answers your question in layman terms, the rest of the details you can find on google.

glad to be of help!

Back