Help - pickup went dead

phoenix76

Hi all

I am using a Washburn T25 5 String bass, one of the pickups konked out today. Any idea any good place to send it to get it fixed? Or can I do it myself? What to look for etc when buying replacement pickups?

Cant find much info on the specs though I found this http://www.bgra.net/2004/review.php?id=1849&type=bass

Any good replacement 5 string bass to recommend for the same kinda budget (~S$500)? Love the neckthrough design on this one though.

the pick up should not just 'die'. it probably due to bad soldering (QC) or the volume pot has spoiled.

just open the control cavity cover and take a look. if there is a wire loose or disconnected trace back to where it was soldered to and if you can do it yourself.

there are many shops at the basement of peninsula that do repairs namely TY music, look for beez or the one next to beez's..but please check the price as some other shops there charges more than repairing your car..

Hi guys n gals

Sorry for not checking back here .. I solved the problem by opening the back plate and shaking the pickup wires a little (they are still soldered in place though). Had to repeat it whenever the pickup went silent (hence I carry the mini screw driver around now) but thankfully its nothing serious :)

Back