Heavy guitar sound.....

killerclover

ok.... i just wanna know which brand to get for a guitar that has heavy tone(if there's such a thing....) coz my band mostly play heavy stuff.... and my current guitar is gonna die soon..... getting worst every jam session.....

what most people recomend to me are Jackson and Ibanez guitars.....

I just wanna know if there's any other brand you recommend....

My current guitar is kinda brandless......

If you heard of it, Rocket Special(hot output humbucker)

thats what the headstock says......

Thanks fo the help....

Lol never hear before. What heavy stuffs you talking abt? heavy rock? Or metal?

If you going for that jeng jeng feel, or that warm heavy tone, try les pauls?

Or ESPs with EMGs. hoho thats SUPER heavy =P

I think first of all if you want to get a Jackson or an Ibanez be prepared to get ass****ed unless you are rich and dont feel heartache to losing about few hundred to thousand bucks on shipping and kana con. I'd suggest looking around first. I would suggest checking like that bras basah place[not swee lee (they should just call it that since i always call it that)] . Got good heavy sounding, ass kicking guitars for 500 - 600. If you hate looking uncool due to your headstock that doesnt say fender/ibanez/jackson/gibson/epiphone/paul reed smith/dean/insert american/japanese guitar company name here, then dont read what i posted. Oh but to see this you must've seen what i posted. I love this board.

well , if you are on a budget... get a you can check out Jnd guitars..they're made in china.. slap on a high output humbucker ...eg EMG85 .. and you are set for metal. ofcourse the amp you play thru matters too..

i think you can't wrong with an Ibanez..HSH config for many styles of music not just heavy stuff, and good playability..try one at sweelee that you like and feel comfortable with...

try emg's
60 in the neck and 81 in the bridge
if you're getting an LTD with emg actives on it, change the neck pickup to 60 asap (stock LTD guitars come with 81/81). 81 in the neck sounds like ass :p

man_kidal said:
I think first of all if you want to get a Jackson or an Ibanez be prepared to get ass****ed unless you are rich and dont feel heartache to losing about few hundred to thousand bucks on shipping and kana con. I'd suggest looking around first. I would suggest checking like that bras basah place[not swee lee (they should just call it that since i always call it that)] . Got good heavy sounding, ass kicking guitars for 500 - 600. If you hate looking uncool due to your headstock that doesnt say fender/ibanez/jackson/gibson/epiphone/paul reed smith/dean/insert american/japanese guitar company name here, then dont read what i posted. Oh but to see this you must've seen what i posted. I love this board.

ahaha. frm wat it seems i think ure just jealous tt u cant afford one of these names. i guess its ok to spend on sum of these brands. they r good la. if u really dun wanna spend any money lemme gif advice to match yours. go cut down a tree n make ur own guitar. wahahahaha. :D

Try considering a 7 string with a set of EMG 707 pickups. You will really be able to get real heavy.

I have a spare EMG 60! It's the older type without quick connect.

Actually quick connect doesn't matter, especially if u wan the PU to stay inside yr guitar for good -)

Going cheap wor ! =)

guitar

I had tried a few brandless guitar and they kinda sound nice,some laa...not all.I prefer those heavier solid bodies,and the choice of amp also plays a part.and not forgetting the effects pedal u chose.I recommend analog compact pedals from boss. :rock:

i think james really should do something about him..he's been making pointless comments that are not constructive or helpful time and again..

actually. i think the maybe you can put it this way...

A lousy amp devastates the sound more than a lousy guitar.

Back