Harmonics!

jbarks

I know how to do harmonics already, so I'm more interested in the sliding harmonics stuff. Victor wooten does lots of it. Marcus Miller and him did a bass duet thing on his Live in America album where they had LOTS of sliding harmonics which sounded beautiful... anybody know how?

EDIT: It's their cover of Teen Town. Jacojacojaco!

hi superkicky.

Sorry i read your post so late ... don't visit her often lah. Anyway, if you want to know how to do slide harmonics, not to difficult. You have to understand a bit of harmonic theory if you want to put it first.

Harmonics are created by strings vibrating at node points. The string is actually being divided up into parts soo ... you have notes vibrating at 2:1 the original string pitch and blah blah all the way ...

anyway to perform slide harmonics i'll just do a simple tutorial. Sound of a harmonic. After which just push down on the node where the harmonic is ringing ... (the place where there is no sound you know?) and just slide to your next spot, make sure you push it down! Not too hard, just gently ... should work. That's for natural harmonics

For false harmonics just slide as normal. Tapped harmonics is a bit tougher, dunno how to do it myself either but should work in the same concept as the false harmonics. Come to think of it ... i should go give it a try now ...

wow. I never tried it before, but I just got it on the first attempt. SO COOL! =D *plays around*

Back