Guitar tuners

Erm... Yeah... So... how did you get tricked?

half step down from standard tuning is : Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb

Some guy told me half step tuning down is E# blah blah blah...

I do know that half step tuning down is also Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb, but the bs don't exactly show up on the tuners, eh?

DarknessFury said:
Really? E# is half step up? Man, I got tricked...I just wanted a half step down from the standard tuning...

uh theres no such thing as an E# in theory...

E a half step down would be D# if its half step up it will be F.

the standard tuning is EADGBe

the half step down tuning would be Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb

or if your prefer D# G#, C#, F#, A#, d#

cheers

and i hope im not that guy you're referring to. :lol:

Oh, so what the tuner needs to show for half step tuning down is D# G#, C#, F#, d#? Ah...wait, there're only 5 strings mentioned...where did the last one go?

DarknessFury said:
Oh, so what the tuner needs to show for half step tuning down is D# G#, C#, F#, d#? Ah...wait, there're only 5 strings mentioned...where did the last one go?

oops my bad

ive edited my post already.

yes, your tuner needs to show the above tuning for half step. hmmm maybe i'll let you into a little theory on tunings.

Ab = G#
Bb = A#
Cb = B
Db = C#
Eb = D#
Fb = E
Gb = F#

in music theory, there is no such thing as a E# or a B#. theres only Eb and Bb

remember this theory. so that when you get a tuner which shows the bs, you know what they're saying :wink:

tune your low e string down. in between d and the original e there should be a d#. tune it down slowly dont rush. if it doesnt show, then perhaps the led is spoilt on your tuner.

or an easier way (cause your tuner wont show the sharps) to tune half step down is first to capo all the strings on the first fret. you then proceed to tune the strings like you would usually do (eadgbe). after that, remove the capo and your guitar would be tuned half a step down.

daryl said:
or an easier way (cause your tuner wont show the sharps) to tune half step down is first to capo all the strings on the first fret. you then proceed to tune the strings like you would usually do (eadgbe). after that, remove the capo and your guitar would be tuned half a step down.

lol nice! 8) why didnt i think of that

:roll:

I suggest that u head down to Sinamex & get the Intellitouch clip-on chromatic (not automatic) guitar tuner.

Able to read sharp & serving me well even for drop tuning.

shredcow: yep still must retune. but even if the strings are out of tune i think it's too trivial to bother with, unless you're really particular. roughly la 8)

Yeap, the tuning would be in the ballpark... however, really, its essential to be in perfect tune. Too "trivial" would be along the lines of a few cents off.

Back