Guitar necks

just buy a better guitar in the first place. no need change this change that. find the neck you like and buy that model.

if you like strats. look for a good fender strat and tts it no need to change neck change body change tuner change finger.

the higher end fender japan stuff are very good actually. go play some.

Dude its called saving.
Ang bao money save,
holiday work save,
birthday ah ma give you money save.
Gahmen give u money save.
lunch eat white rice with soy sauce.
soon you have a new spanking fender strat.
or buy used if you wanan spend less. heh

bet alot of the guys here are studying, but hey they still manage
to get gear occasionally.

darknessfury: i'm wondering... how much have you spent on this guitar already (cost of the guitar, the pickguards, the pickup, stickers etc)

all my gear i used my own $ thru savings from ang pow,birthday & selling of stuffs i no longer need to use...at least u've modded your guitar a couple of times...my guitar is still stock.all i am saving for now is to get ShredCow's HAS Viper...shredcow is right..savig $2 a day should be enough...have u ever thought of all the mods u have spent on your guitar?u spend quite alot actually...so its not a reason that u're still studying..i am sure there are alot of guys on S.O.F.T who are students too...so just save and not complain that u dun have the $$

MRE: If you're counting this white pickguard which is the original one, then I guess I've spent about 100...

I have to admit that I have a psychological problem...I cannot save too much...everytime I'm saving like close to hundred, something attractive will somehow appear and catch my attention, thus, the money will go there...haha...

DarknessFury said:
Oh...so that bascially just leaves me with just needing to change the saddles...I'm starting to see tiny ugly brown dots on it...

Rust never stopped me from playing :D
Image010.jpg

Oh wow...that's a really bad case of rust...even your pups have it...but I'm afraid rust would make my strings more vulnerable to snapping...not that my strings have broken before...the only time it did, it was because I had no idea on using the digital tuners...

I checked round the forum and other webs, it seems that there's this Graph Tech String Savers...I don't think they'd rust, would they?

theblueark said:
Rust never stopped me from playing :D

I suddenly feel bad selling the Evo 2 to you... what would happen to it!?!?

And you need saddles lah.. . come come, buy my Saddles, just want a looper can liao... 8)

This reminds me of "street racers" across the causeway who buy a POS proton and mod it with rear spoilers and other gear costing more than the original car. 8)

Seriously, take the advice and save up for a decent workhorse guitar. You'll be happier in the long run and it won't hurt your wallet as much.

Honestly, I'm telling you that this guitar works like a gem to me...and there're people out there saying that this one's better than the Squiers! For me personally, I love the sound that comes out of it...give me my Marshall amp and I'll be dreaming about this whole setup everyday...

But when I get a car, I won't be spending that much although you'll definitely see a GT spoiler and loud roaring engines and loadsa modified parts...haha...I've got a thing for modded cars too...

I've had that guitar for 8 years. Those are the original pickups and bridge, never changed before. The rust is just on the surface. Never bothered to clean it off because it's been working fine. When the time comes that it doesn't then I'll replace whichever part needs replacing i guess.

Haha shred I told you if you played my guitar you'd puke. She's a real beater, but has always served me well :D

you don't need to touch the pickups to get it to rust..

i am going to keep a bag of sillica gel in my guitar bag :)

Back