Gigs, gadgets and er? albums ? an update

christoh

HERE are some things to mull about, starting tomorrow.

DOWNLOAD DAUGHTRY.

daughtry_leavethistown_thebsides-300x300.jpg

Unlike their album title, you’re advised not to leave this town tonight. Actually don’t even go anywhere without your computer if you’re a Daughtry fan because you can catch their gig online, Mar 19, at 9.20am.

This is part of the Live Sets series oflove three live online concerts brought to you by Sony’s new global brand message, make.believe. In addition to the concert, you’ll also get exclusive interview footage. You can catch it on Daughtryofficial.com, facebook.com/Daughtry, Facebook.com/sony, Crackle.com, and myplay.com.

To celebrate, Daughtry will be releasing a 6-track digital EP entitled Leave This Town: The B-Sides. This collection of rarities will be available exclusively to download on DaughtryOfficial.com.

BE A DJ. If your musical ambitions involve two turntables and a microphone but don’t know how to get started, let Apple (those guys who made the iPhone and not The Beatles’ record company) help you. They’re organising this thing called DJ Spins – sessions in which DJs themselves demo what it takes to be a DJ – using a Mac. No, I’m not going to give you any spoilers, suffice it to say that it’s not as difficult as you think.

WHEN: Mar 20 and 21, at istudio, Orchard Central; and Mar 27 and 28, at epiCentre, ION. TIME: 2pm, 4pm, 6pm. Register with istudio and epiCentre staff. Limited seats available.

THE SHOW WILL GO ON. Yes, Chinese pop sensation Show Luo will bring his 3D World Live Tour to Singapore. According to the presser, the show “will incorporate 3D elements, making it the first ever in a concert”. Because you know, all his other concerts have been in 2D.

Just kidding lah. Inspired by the movie Avatar, Show said his concert will use an LED screen specially made to allow concert goers to experience virtual reality in a concert hall, without the use of 3D glasses.

ShowLuo_APcrop.jpg

“The 3D effect would allow me to appear in front of each and every fan in the stadium, no matter where they might be seated. I would be able to create many virtual clones of myself!” he said.

How well does that work? His sold out shows in Hong Kong and Taipei haven’t drawn any criticism as yet, but there’s only one way to find out.

The concert happens May 22, 8pm at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Tickets, priced at $178, $148, $118 and $88 will be available via all SISTIC outlets.

SHE & HIM IN THE SUN.

she-him.jpg

Actually, In The Sun is the lead single from She & Him – made up of actress Zooey Deschanel (500 Days Of Summer, Yes Man) and M Ward – and is upcoming album, Volume Two, which is due out Apr 5. You can see a video directed by Peyton Reed (Yes Man, The Break Up) at http://www.youtube.com/user/dominorecords?blend=3&ob=4#p/u/0/pZ3cTwI9bIw

GET YOUR CSR. No, I’m not talking about your company’s ECA, I’m talking about the band who call themselves Chicken Shack Revival, a foursome fronted by Louis Lam, who like to churn out the blues – and they promise not make it boring with overlong over-the-top self-gratifying solos et al. Anyway, they’ll be doing a gig featuring, in their words, “3 sets of vintage ‘50s and ‘60s blues, rock and roll, early jazz, funk and a whole barrel of laughs from the band”.

Well, what’s the worst that can happen, right? : )

Check out CSR live on Apr 2, at Barrio Chino (60 Club Street), from 9.30pm. Visit their YouTube page for tasters:lovewww.youtube.com/user/ChickenShackRevival .

More...

Back