Gig Photography 101 By Aloysius Lim

lurgee

If you have ever dreamed of wielding a heavyweight DSLR with extra large zoom lens among the best of photographers in a concert arena, this is where you start.

Learn the basics of taking good quality pictures of live-playing acts in a session with experienced shutterbug Aloysius Lim. He will take participants through the do’s and don’ts of gig photography: from recommended camera equipment to technical tips and tricks for shooting concert performances.
The session will also include a segment on live music etiquette and a critique of participants own photographs (limited to five works each).

Some basic knowledge of camera-work will be useful for this workshop.

2777049537_6a0bdde7e2_o.jpg

Biography
Aloysius picked up photography in 2003 and first dabbled in gig photography at an Electrico show. He then decided to marry his two passions for music and image making by focusing on taking pictures at live performances.

He finally got his big break in 2006 when he was given an opportunity to shoot at the concert of Scottish band Franz Ferdinand.
Since then, Aloysius has photographed musicians such as Coldplay, Linkin Park, The Police, Black Sabbath, Elton John and Jason Mraz in concert. He has also been appointed official photographer for music festivals such as WOMAD, Mosaic, Baybeats and SINGfest.

Aloysius is now a full time wedding photographer and still tries to capture shots of artists in concert whenever he can.

More information here :
http://www.esplanade.com/whats_on/programme_info/gig_photography_101/index.jsp

2477757577_9cb89fb384_o.jpg

2269532148_1ecdea8f03_o.jpg

Less than 2 weeks to go!

Managed to take a photo of the poster at Esplanade when I was there for The Fire Fight's album launch.

3785151893_9745c8a3c6_o.jpg

Thanks to everyone who came down. Hope you learnt something from the talk!
Never expected I could talk for so long! Lol.

Hello there mr aloysius! i hope you will have another session of this, i missed this awesome chance as i was stuck in army!

Hello there mr aloysius! i hope you will have another session of this, i missed this awesome chance as i was stuck in army!

Hey Alvie, I've actually been invited back to give another workshop next year so will keep you guys updated! :)

Thanks Vicki!

Back