Gig Money!

monk

Hi guys
I just wonder - How much do bands/solo-ist get paid for gigs?
Maybe at Esplanade, DXO, Harry's?
It'll be nice to know and gauge "how to survive as an artist"'

I believe it all depends on how much crowd a band can attract whenever they are performing. Most bands I'd believed starts out earning quite little to no money at all in the initial phase of their performing careers. However, after gain popularity and drawing crowds, thats where they would get to earn a comfortable living just by playin at pubs for example.

Some musicians are said to be earning approximately 4 - 5k a month just by playing 4 nights a week.

forget all your happy thoughts and dreams-

how much you earn playing at a bar is proportionate to how much the bar earns because of you, or how many drinks you manage to get people to buy.

gig money? what do you do with it?

if your band gets paid, what do u do with it?

for me, we have a common band fund to save up for future recordings.

Yup thats right, but the pay per night is variable I suppose. It depends on the number of drinks the crowds buy/pub's earning for the night. Something like commission I should say.

Basic written rule:

Relief club band (i.e you or your band take over a club band's regular gig coz they have something on): from SGD 100 per head.

Events, Dinner & Dances etc (depending on band and genre): from $250 - $500 normal
x 1.5 for xmas eve and x 2.5 to 3 for New Years eve.

Fulltime 6 days a week in club: $2000 (at least) onwards. Clubs nowadays have bands more like 1, 2 or 3 ngts a week rather than 6 ngts. Top bands of course make killer $$$ based on yearly contracts?

These are average rates as and as a general guide but each & every gig organiser, event company, club, band and individual have their own set of rates of course.

IMHO

You take your money and buy yourself some nice stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Or you can save up and use it for jams, afterall putting money into jamming session is consider an investment if your a serious band. So whatever u spend on your band, you'd want to see it back with profit..

Back