Fulltone OCD

i found the OCD to be a monster when used to push a marshall JCM's 800/900 main drive. Its like woah, searing metal shreddy tones! Sustain was aplenty and pinch harmonics everywhere. surprisingly even at high gain, the pedal dynamics still felt natural compared to some pedals i shall not name.

However, when used to boost a heavier drive/primary distortion, this is where the OCD fell short. if you have a primary drive with loads of bass, the OCD tends to mud it up. There also seems to be a lack of clarity and a boatload of noise(even when the volume is turned all the way down). For boosting and saturating a pedal's drive i still felt the humble ts9 did a better job than the OCD.

used the OCD for a couple of days when i borrowed it from my friend. dint really enjoy it that much.. still prefer my fulldrive 2 with more variation of drive. :) ahahah.

Actually version 3 and 4 don't have much of a diff.. I thought it was purely the LED that was changed? I might be wrong though.. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
But my thoughts is that the OCD is very dark sounding on humbuckers, but sounds spanking on single coils.. Humbucker users aught to get their OCDs modded, or source for a version 2 or version 1 OCD..

lol slight differences here and there. my friend says the volume output changed slightly but i haven't got the chance to try a v4 throughly

blue LED ftw! :p

Last edited:
OCD. I love my OCD. Kinda use it as a volume boost for my Gibson LP Classic. It gives hot pickups a really sweet clean tone. Plus that drive when you start becoming aggressive with the guitar. V3 with a Gibson LP! So there.

Back