"first bass"

Hickey_

Hi all, i've read a few posts talking about this book call "First bass". Can anyone tell me how much will it roughly cost? and how does it look like ? and also the book "bass guide for dummies". is that book good?

thanks in advance. =D

The book is available at Kinokuniya at NeeAnn City and cost about $30. The Dummies book is available at Borders and is a good reference book on theory and some playing techniques, but there are no specific exercises in this book and they are very short and move on very fast. You still need a proper method book to progress at a more relax pace.

so which book do you recommend for what purposes? Eg. which book is more suitable for theories like Chords and Scales? which book is more suitable for techniques like slapping ? thanks in advance. :)

The Dummies book touches on theories like scales and chords which is quite good. But if you are learning everything as a total beginner, I would suggest the "Hal Leonard Bass Method" books by Ed friedland. For slapping I think it is better to get a teacher or instructional videos instead. There are some of these videos on Youtube.

Thanks dude, you've been a great help. but how much does the book "hal leonard bass method" book cost ? and how does it look like and where can i find it. lol. thanks dude . ><

Amazon.com: Hal Leonard Bass Method - Complete Edition: Books 1, 2 and 3 Bound Together in One Easy-to-Use Volume!: Ed Friedland: Books

Kinokuniya used to sell it for about $30+ but I think they were sold out recently but you can still try your luck there.

Be warned, this is a book designed for people who can read or want to learn how to read 'bean sprouts' (standard notation). If you are not into that, then it might not be very useful to you. The Dummies book has it in tabs but you still need to find other sources that provide tabs.

Last edited:
Then er...can't help you much, bro. I am a 'taugeh' nerd.
But the Dummies for Bass Guitar will be quite helpful for you.

Back