Fandi Ahmad goal against Inter Milan

One of the few pop icons (well, football is popular culture nowadays eh?) who really deserves all the accolades he gets. A true legend.

Hi all, if u read the news that Fandi recently went back to his old club FC Groningen to play an exhibition match..he's remembered for scoring against giants Inter Milan back in the 80s. He's now offered to be an assistant coach in his old club..how cool is that?

Watch this video...fans still remember him.. :)

The 1994 malaysia cup and league winning team was the best Singapore team i've ever seen.. We had the legendary Fandi Ahmad, supported by strike partners Abbas Saad and Alistair Edwards, playmaker Malek Awab, midfield powerhouse Nazri Nasir, supersub Steven Tan, R Sasikumar making his runs from defence, Jang Jung and David Lee holding up the rear... and of course Sundram's bicycle kick against Brunei...

When we won the double in Malaysia, what a moment I tell you.... the mood in Singapore was fantastic!! So many moments to remember.. Fandi's diving header and scissors kick goals, Alistair Edwards giving the middle finger to some fans, Michal Vana's matchfixing.. what a season..

I just noticed this post.

Alistair Edwards left us and went along with Ken Worden to Selangor before the '94 season started. Those damned turncoats. We beat Selangor at Shah Alam Stadium 2-1 during the second leg semi-final and proved to them what a club that 'would not amount to anything' could do.

Last edited:
I was there, the atmosphere was magic!!
It brought the patriotism to each and everyone of us!!
That feeling was awesome, we really genuinely felt like one united nation!!!

:)

Another video of Fandi from the FC Groningen Youtube Channel...wish it had English subtitles though..but still worth watching :)

Back