Fandi Ahmad goal against Inter Milan

Great, never thought I see this, as a Singapore football fan, I always wanted to see the goal he scored against Inter Milan. HQ video. Thanks for sharing!

Fandi could have played for Ajax Amsterdam as he was offered the chance to do so but he turned it down to play in Indonesia. He regrets to this day for not joining Ajax..who knows what it might have been, playing alongside Marco Van Basten, Frank Rijkaard etc..

Who's going for this Sunday's match at Jln Besar Stadium??

If only Raddy had the Fandi - Abbas partnership now, I believe The Lions have a better shot at the WC qualifying...

Fandi's THE MAN!!

Won't be getting any of him alike for a very, very long time...maybe even not!! ;)
Living LEGEND, at least, to me!! He did us proud..
All the best to him!!

to score against inter....

no. to play against inter...

no. to play in the first team of a holland club...

no. to be in a holland club...

no. to have an holland club to be interested in you.

no. to have recognition in singapore.

anybody achieved this before? WOW

Thanks for the link. I always wanted to see that goal. 1983...yeah, the shorts were short back then. :)

Fandi could have achieved more had he stayed in Europe. Instead he played in Jakarta and KL. Wonder who was his adviser back then...sheesh! Though different era, Fandi is by far the most talented "made-in-Singapore" footballer.

The 1994 malaysia cup and league winning team was the best Singapore team i've ever seen.. We had the legendary Fandi Ahmad, supported by strike partners Abbas Saad and Alistair Edwards, playmaker Malek Awab, midfield powerhouse Nazri Nasir, supersub Steven Tan, R Sasikumar making his runs from defence, Jang Jung and David Lee holding up the rear... and of course Sundram's bicycle kick against Brunei...

When we won the double in Malaysia, what a moment I tell you.... the mood in Singapore was fantastic!! So many moments to remember.. Fandi's diving header and scissors kick goals, Alistair Edwards giving the middle finger to some fans, Michal Vana's matchfixing.. what a season..

Great, never thought I see this, as a Singapore football fan, I always wanted to see the goal he scored against Inter Milan. HQ video. Thanks for sharing!

Fandi could have played for Ajax Amsterdam as he was offered the chance to do so but he turned it down to play in Indonesia. He regrets to this day for not joining Ajax..who knows what it might have been, playing alongside Marco Van Basten, Frank Rijkaard etc..

my friend told me, fandi was having trials at ajax.. and he was alongside frank rijkaard, ruud gullit n marco van basten.. and johan cruyff said fandi was the best among them.

the_insomniac: Correction bro, Sundram scored the bicycle kick against Brunei in the 1993 season. The 1994 Double was achieved without him as he went to a Malaysian state...can't remember now which one. Was it Kedah or Perak...? Oh, and don't forget Kadir Yahya, Saswadimata Dasuki and the late Borhan Abu Samah holding up the defence.

Every so often, we hear of youngsters rising up through the ranks and being touted as the 'next Fandi Ahmad'. But they never do. There will never be another Fandi Ahmad. He achieved so much already, and to imagine what more he could have achieved if he did accept that offer to play in Ajax, which was actually extended TWICE. Once after he went for a trial, and another time after his performances with FC Groningen. He was there for 2 years only and yet up till this day, fans still remember him. He was actually inducted into their Hall of Fame and was even named in the First Eleven of the 20th Century. Who else can say that?

Sigh. We can only wonder. For him to just fade into obscurity coaching in Indonesia? It's not right. But there's hope I think...I hear his two eldest sons received favourable reviews from Spanish scouts at the AC Milan junior traning camp.

if Fandi had been successful at Ajax, I think the footballing landscape in Singapore would have been very different today...

unfortunately that didn't happen =(

wow.. thx for sharing this...

forget abt the goal.. but you just gotta see the technique and composure of fandi's past which led to the penalty... in that kinda stage.. Phenomenal

but the weird thing is the other vid "FC Groningen- Atletico Madrid 1983"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G6dCAG1hEA&feature=related
same year.. but its another fella wearing no.7..

so can somewhat gimme some light to my confusion..

At that point in time, the jersey number was not fixed to the player. They assign numbers 1 to 11 to the first 11 who were playing. I'm not too sure when exactly they start fixing the numbers to the players but it's about the same time they started having names on the jerseys as well, I think.

Back