External speakers for my Organ

Viscount

Hi!

anyone can advise me on the following?

I´ve an organ and I want to add external speakers to it. Any recommendation what specifications of speakers should I get so that it will not damage both the speakers or organ?

P.S. I´m zero when it come to Hi Fi stuff.

Thanks

Viscount

Hi Viscount, to answer your question better, maybe you can give more details as to the following.

Which organ is that? Model?

What is the purpose of adding a speaker?

Hi!

the organ is Viscount Jubilate 232.

I want to put external speakers at the 2 corner of my room, facing my back when I play. Viscount do have external speakers, but those are really huge, meant for halls, not for room.

Also, will it be good to add a subwoofer too so as to boost up the bass?

Thanks - pls advise

Hi...Since this topic is conviniently here...mind if I add a question...??

I would like to record my electone organ...any internal stuff I can get??

The model is Yamaha EL37...(I know that itz old...hai...)

Thanx if anyone can answer this...

Muackz to all...

Tammi

Tammi,

Does your EL has a pair of midi ports?

If they do, u could purchase a midi cable and by using a sequencing software, record and playback your playings on a pc.

Regards.

Hmmm...since I'm quite computer illiterate...I don't really know about the ports...but I'll go check it out...thanks for the advice!!!btw...what speed does my laptop have to be to record this??

Thankz...

Muackz to all...

Tammi

hi tammi,

i think one of the simplest means to record from your electone to your laptop is to simply use an audio cable. you will need one 3.5mm stereo cable, and one 3.5mm-to-quarter-inch adaptor. you just need to plug one end into the computer 'line-in' jack, and the other end with the adaptor to the organ's headphone jack. on your computer u can use this program called Acidxpress, to handle your recording and convert to mp3.

the cable and adaptor u can buy for less than $10 from any shop selling audio accessories, and the program you can download a free version from the website at http://www.acidplanet.com

hope that was of some help..

oOo...thank you...thank you all so much!!Wahahahaha...now I don't have to look for studios with Electone Organs....great!! I now have X'mas and birthday presents ready...MUahahahahaha...Thank everyone...thank you!!!

Hugs and Kisses

Muackz Muackz to all...

Tammi

viscount.. actually you can just buy any creative pc speakers held in any pc stores.. some comes with woofer.. then just plug it in to the output jacks of the organ...

hi fi

hi fi would do fine..no harm..anyway..speaking abt speakers..i need an amp/ speaker for my KORG!!! anybody has lobang..pls help me out thanx~

Back