Eric Clapton in Singapore!

he played layla on the encore eh? can't remem.

ec222at6.jpg
[/img]

nope. he played crossroads for encore. thought it was pretty rushed as well, and he only came out for one song for encore. i was a little disaapointed actually. somehow the 1990 concert was a lot more memorable for me. trucks was fantastic, the other lefty guitarist was mediocre i thought...

Yup. Trucks was amazing, his right hand technique was mesmerizing. He sounded like a cross between Duane Allman, Dickey Betts and B.B. King. Must certainly check out his albums. The lefty guy looked as if he could not settle down—kept changing guitars, and didnt really go anywhere with his solos. Maybe he "Couldn't Stand the Weather" here. In contrast, Trucks was comfortable standing on his spot, caressing his red Gibson SG and making it sing all night long.

I liked that this concert was very "guitar-heavy", felt very much like a blues jam, and played all the old faves (Tell The Truth, Little Wing, Motherless Children). But while the 1990 concert left me awe-struck, I somehow felt that something was missing in yesterday's.

Still, I am grateful that I managed to catch Clapton again. He is always a joy to watch. He was really loose and relaxed last night.

Just my 2 cents.

could tell he was really relaxed and enjoying the whole thing. but lasted only around 1 and a half hours , it's too short imo. after a 17 year wait, i think singaporean fans deserve something longer?

my first clapton concert , (wasn't even born in 1990 ) haha ya overall i enjoyed myself last night. love the blues man!

anyone selling the picks? I went to the north entrance, sold out. Ran all the way to the other entrance left 2. The lady next to me got it. Grr!! She heard me say "if i don't get it, i will kill" and that ass got it. AHH!!! I WANT TO KILL!! Kill santa claus... Or chai shen yeh...

anyone knows what pickups Clapton uses? And his guitar bridge. I want a Fender like his!! BLACKIE BLACKIE!! Freaking sexy!!

Clapton uses original Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups, he use to use Lace Sensor Gold on all three positions. Its a blocked Vintage Tremolo bridge.

I loved his concert man.... Simply awesome and beyond words, love the bass solo done by Willie Weeks during the third song. I love how he played Driftin too....

That's it? I enjoy reading about your experiences! Cmon more replies please?How was Eric's guitar sound that night? He's renowned for his sound! Cmon more replies please......

Was at the concert. It kicked off at about 8.25 pm. Started with 'Tell The Truth' - a rollicking blues number with that Chicago feel.
Clapton's tone was too polite, not the sexy slightly overdriven sound that I like. Might be the amp he was running his guitar through.
Derek Trucks was a nice surprise inclusion, and a wonderful treat. He's a slide maestro, and he demonstrated that in a slow blues jam. Check out his first album and you'll be blown away.
The second guitarist is Doyle Bramhall II - a noted blues songwriter who has worked with Clapton and SRV. He's not a lead guitar player in the tradition of SRV or Clapton, but does hold his own. Not flashy though.
Steve Jordan was on drums, and he's pretty happening. He last played with John Mayer Trio. Another treat.
Wille Weeks - what can I say - tight groove all the way; no flash, just steady rolling bottom end.
Overall, I enjoyed the concert, but wished that Clapton's guitar tone was harsher. He also got these repetitive runs that just irked me on all his solos - wasn't really playing his heart out I guess. His acoustic guitar tone was so much better - Martin OM - EC signature.
Funnier still, the guy next to me fell alseep for a good time until he heard 'Wonderful tonight', and then resumed sleeping till 'Crossroads'. Damn sad - especially considering the tix was $399 excl. handling fee.
The gig ended about 10.15 pm, after the 'Crossroads' encore.

hmm i don't know if it's just me but personally i preferred clapton's tone compared to derek or doyle's. yeah i did feel like he might have been a bit uninspired that night, he kept doing the fast repetitive runs...

anyway, derek's was alright but i somehow didn't really like doyle's that much (esp when he was using the LP...or do LPs sound like that? :oops: i don't know how to describe...but i don't think it's the guitar...)

haha...i'm now inspired to play more slide, didn't realise slide could sound so good...can get kind of like a saxaphone tone...nice. :p

anyway clapton was fantastic on acoustic that night, too bad he didn't play more acoustic songs...but driftin was cool...

oh yeah and i was kinda disappointed he only did one song for the encore...i thought he would do 2...or at least 2. sigh.

but i'm glad that at least i have seen him once in my lifetime afterall, who knows if he will come again...it's like an all time dream come true. :D

sorry, for the pretty random thoughts. heh. :lol:

whos the guy with the SG? is that trucks or whatever? damn man his solo with the slide during the song "queen of spades" was amazing. He nearly had the chance to show up eric but eric comes back with his originality and style that makes him unique. Did anyone see the guy with the white guitar? all the way on the left? I heard 2 or 3 obvious mistakes. one of which he shook his head and looked at eric. I was like, wtf man, you play with eric and u screw up. get off and let me play :lol: .

Back