DW 5000 turbo chain drive

cal

hi guys,

i have purchased a DW 5000 turbo chain having played it many years ago and cannot forget the amazing feel i had. However im facing the following problems, hope someone can enlighten

1. pedal board feels too high that without kicking in completely already reached the drumhead ( feeling tak shiok like that )

2. tend to double bounce on the drumhead and having sense of losing control of the pedal

3. pedal seems to be resisting in resting position beater swinging up and down too much

would appreciate any bro who can give recommended stroke adjustment settings and tension adjustment. all i need is a simple feel of having a complete kick ( depress ) motion before beater reaches head and less resistance frm the pedal ( less swinging ) to achieve smooth and quick beat.

Yo cal,

I'm not familiar with DW pedals as I only play on my single Iron Cobra.

But those things you mentioned, can be adjusted on the "moving parts" of the pedals, I think. Like the length of the beater, the spring tension and the angle of the beater? Just need to find the right setting one for yourself, perhaps?

Back