Drumsticks

thanks MaeHeist, i goggled on steve smith sticks but they seem to be oval/tear drop..

i really like the versatility of a round time as i find that i dont need to angle the point of contact of my tip of stick and the drum head to the perfect angle to get a maximise stroke as compared to other tip shapes..

i used to use Zildjian 5B, but then i didn't like the sound, a bit too heavy and aggressive so i experimented with Vater 5B, and then Vic Firth 7A. The Vater was the sound i like the most, but then the shaft broke when i was practising one day :O. then i bought the Pro Mark Millenium II Stephen Perkins Signature, which is my current sticks. hahaha.

long story. ;D

Ranking Sports and Music. 3rd Floor Bras Basah Complex. Use the escalator and when you get up to the 3rd floor, look to your 10 O'clock.

i'm using Pro Mark 5B Natural wood tip, Zildjian Travis Barker Signature sticks (i use them the butt end with my left hand), and Ahead Joey Jordison models!

Why/How does the drum sticks affect your playing.

Hi, everyone. I'm new to drumming. I'm using a Vic Firth 7A and I use a Roland TD4KX. What's the difference between the different brands and how does the different thickness affect your playing style? And also,which brand and what type of stick would be suitable for a beginner like me? :confused:

Usually drumstick thickness is marketed with which genre you play. For example thinner sticks are thought to be for jazz, thicker sticks for metal, etc. To me differences in thickness just affects the feel of the stick.

And it's always best to start with 5A sizes :) The good stick companies are vater, promark, vic firth. Just find which one is good for you.

My drumsticks

25372_1279602628565_1185005237_30697127_3583218_n.jpg

This is my drumsticks. Ahead Hybrid 5AB. =) Carbon fiber sticks

Haha! I use various types, and alot of them to be infact. :D

Currently using
VicFirth Hickory American Classic 7A

Others
Zildjian Travis Barker Signature Sticks
VicFirth Steve Hadd Signature Sticks
VicFirth Hickory American Classic 7AH *broke*
Pro Mark Hot Rods

:D They're a bomb.

NO offence but it looks like colour pencils when i was young. :)
Buy the way do u get different sticks to test for the different feel ?
Because i feel that testing sticks at any shop jus isnt that proper.
haha. yea colour pencils right! so niceee. hahaha.
No la. some are gifts. as u can see the black and white one(adrian young) and the black and red(brooker), i never use. the yellow and blue my friends spray painted it for me. some i buy for looks:)
But for those i really use..
It kinda must be light.
Im not too particular about drumsticks...
As long as i tape with badminton tape im fine:) yea

Latest posts

Back