Drumsticks

Only the admin or mod can do that.

I'm using Zildjians sticks. 5A Dip, 6A Hickory (bad condition D= shaft is chipping) and 7A Anti-vibe. Not to forget my first stick, the Vater 5A Nylon Tip :p

Promark Will Kennedy 5AS Signature sticks...i have the 5AB Carter Beauford Sticks, And a few others...but i mostly play jazz/funk so i use the 5AS ones..

edit: promark all the way!

Hehe it really got stickied! This is kinda cool, all the threads for different kinds of stuff!

Anyway I'll photo more stuff later! Just showing some nice stuff I happen to have...

1a5c0243.jpg

Pearl "Shinya signature" drumsticks. I like the design on them, also, I like the band Dir En Grey (Shinya is their drummer). I think Pearl only sells these in Japan, was looking out for them on holiday.

2d31b0e4.jpg

52505ea5.jpg

Vater "NUDE" stick and traditional chinese drumstick that I dyed red with leftover dye from my drumset refinishing. The chinese drumstick had very nice grain which picked up the dye, I would love to have a finish like that on the drums. The western style drumstick simply doesn't have as nice grain. Tama's Japanese Oak sticks have very nice grain too, but sadly those are all lacquered so I can't stain them.

The irony is that while all these look great, except for the chinese drumsticks, I don't use them much! They're just not my size. The Pearl Shinya sticks are okay, but I prefer other stuff. It's just as well, though, since I wouldn't want to damage the sticks.

i've just started using Vic Firth Hickory American Classic 8D, and i must say, i'm impressed! very confortable. though it may too thin for others...

before this, i've used Zildjian Trilok Gurtu and Roy Hanes' signature sticks. quite comfortable as well. especially the Trilok Gurtu one. it's dipped.

Sexy looking Shinya sig drumsticks! I saw them on ebay and was tempted to get them just to collect. I wouldn't bare to use them to drum! lol. I bought the Yukihiro (L'Arc~en~Ciel drummer) sig sticks off ebay instead. I had a pair of Yoshiki sticks too, which unfortunately mysteriously 'vanished' from my messy room lol.

Need to go dig out my old sticks to recap what I used in the past man. Not sure if they are still around lol.

1a5c0243.jpg

Pearl "Shinya signature" drumsticks. I like the design on them, also, I like the band Dir En Grey (Shinya is their drummer). I think Pearl only sells these in Japan, was looking out for them on holiday.

wooo shinya sticks !!!!! niceee

composer of requiem> if its not too much trouble, can i ask if you can let us know the length of the stick? i've always been curious about the length... it seems really long in the videos..

ok my guess !! 16 1/2 inches ??

Side-track ah... Does anyone know where to get Pro-Mark 5B Nylon here in Singapore. Or is Yamaha the only distributor for Pro-Mark sticks? Their stock damn lousy la. If I buy online like eBay, it will cost me about SGD21 each. But I bet it should cost about SGD17-ish only.

Anyway, I've tried a few sticks, I like Travis Barker's for it's weight distribution, length and stylo-milo look during gig but I am too lazy to pylox coat (colourless) it everytime I use a new one, else, I will see white marks all over my cymbals. Have also sorted to using Pro-Mark's 5B, again for it's distribution and nylon for durability and slight brighter sound.

About the Shinya sticks, according to Pearl website, it's "ヒッコリー/ナイロンチップ/14.5mm×412mm" which supposedly translates as Hickory, Nylon tip, and then the size. This gives 16.2", so the 16.5 estimate was quite close. The wood is very light, so although the sticks are thick, they're quite lightweight.

I was also going to get Yoshiki sticks for collection, but I was a bit broke after the 19" K Custom Hybrid China that was going at 45% off.

Mel80: If you still want it I can sell you a pair. I bought three pairs, supposedly two to use and one to collect. But after using one pair I think I don't really dare to use much. It's quite a simple reason.

I expected this to be something like Vic Firth's white marching sticks (I forgot the name), I chipped that on rimshots and hihat, but somehow because the paint/lacquer is quite thick or something, after chipping the inside is still white to a certain depth.

But, this one has really thin paint and no lacquer. So once you start drumming with it, you have "snow" flying from the hi-hats. It's really very unsightly, having a white stick with a brown band on the shoulder where you hit the hats. I've set aside that pair for use on occasions, if it snaps, then I guess that's it. I won't be touching the other pairs, so one pair would be enough for me for collection.

thedeathbat:
plainsman = Alfe
damndrummer lifted a pic off Alfe's website. That's all. :)

Composter:
You've got PM! ;)

cooooll. i use Vater X-treme XD-Rock. I dont know the full name lah. cause its shaft is thicker than normal, more durable. =)

Latest posts

Back