Drum Triggers.

joshheadkeys

Hey Guys,

I'm having this problem with my DIY electronic drum. Basically, I used toms and snares with mesh head. And I tried triggering the toms with a roland dt 20 drum trigger and did some trial and errors.
I realised that the roland dt 20 couldn't detect some of my playing. Especially when i'm playing it soft or fast. By the way. I'm using an alesis DM5 (VERY OLD MODEL). Can someone help me out? Is the problem coming from the module or the drum trigger? and ways to solve it?

Thanks.

I have never heard of DT 20 triggers. You sure you got the real thing?

If you can get sound, then most likely its the velocity settings you need to adjust on the module. Having said that, the DM5 is quite a basic module, so it might be a quite a challenge to get external triggers to work well.

you mean yamaha dt-20 triggers??
dm-5..i myself own a dm 5 and roland triggers but only the rt-10 kicks....try and tweak your velocity level....and also...tune your toms and snare fairly tight and mount the triggers firmly on the mesh head....it should solve the problem...for me...i took a metal plate and pin the triggers down against the head getting one of the lugs to hold the metal plate the size of a chewing gum strip...

hope that helps....

Back