Double Pedals Opinian

zack11

I am wondering wad double pedal should i get. I am interested in Iron Cobra coz it feels good (tried it b4...alot of times). Bt lately, I've been coming across other brands, such as Gibraltor. And I wanna ask, how good is Gibraltor. And is Pearl Eliminator/Gibraltor as good as IC?? .... Thnx guys

Zack

Hi!

Personally I dun like the iron cobra. The carvings on the footboard are too protruding n rough for my liking. Hurts when u slide ur feet (cos i prac barefooted).

But I've the videos of many (metal) good drummers like Joey Jordison, and Tony Royster Jr, and they DUN slide their feet!

So maybe it's ok after all. The pain will remind u that ur technique is wrong!

I personally own a pair of DW9002. ROCKS. Super sensitive. Love the feel of it. I was contemplating buying a set of double pedals for so long but i figured I would want one that I really like, since it should be used for a long time. So saved and saved, waited and waited, and finally...

But it's a little ex though. Got it at $830. But it has many features. Really worth it to me. U can come my house try if u want to. I stay Bt Batok. Just gimme a ring 90298259.

If not I think u should go for the Pearl Eliminators. Think Swee Lee sells around $500. Good!

Cheers to ur double bass drumming!

I own a pair of Pearl Eliminators and Iron Cobras. I'd have to say my vote goes to the Eliminators by a long way. I practise with socks, and also do sliding, and the patterns on the IC are very annoying and can pose a hindrance when you're trying to execute your techniques properly.

On top of that, I find that my Pearl Elims are much more responsive as compared to the IC, which has a very heavy weighted feel. Also Elims are more adjustable and comes with several different cams that you can experiment with to get a different feel.

I think the onli advantage IC has over Elims is that Cobras feels much sturdier and possibly would be more durable too.

Thnx guys for ur opinions...bt ah, u gt two double pedal??...ur hse gt 2/4 bass drum ah??...steady la...bt anyway, i tink im goin to get the IC ah as i love it alot...mayb i wanna try the Pearl Elims, bt duno hu gt 1 that i cn try it out...
As for Pakerdee, i stay at Bukit Panjang so mayb, i cn drop by ur hse n try ur DW double soon man...

Thnx for the opinion again...

Zack

Latest posts

Back