Does anyone know where i can get a Kahler bridge in sg?

guitarnub

they're pretty rare(kahler factory just re-opened) but im thinking of getting one for my new guitar, so anyone know?

Marks_Jax_tele_w_gold_kahler_bar.jpg

Why Kahler??? Are you hoping to replace an existing trem unit?? The Kahler system involves routing a pretty large cavity in your guitar body. I don't recommend it unless you're retro-fitting an older unit. Just my $0.02.

there's a few Kahler users at ESPguitar forums, they made some clips and stuff, it can divebomb just as well as a floyd

guitarnub said:
actually kahler's routing is much more shallower than floyds, thats why i want it

My point's for a regular Floyd style trem, you can "swap" tremolos between the several brands that's available with minor modifications. Once you install the Kahler, you're stuck.

Just so you know what you're doing.

empty71 said:
guitarnub said:
actually kahler's routing is much more shallower than floyds, thats why i want it

My point's for a regular Floyd style trem, you can "swap" tremolos between the several brands that's available with minor modifications. Once you install the Kahler, you're stuck.

Just so you know what you're doing.

Yeah man... thats a very good point to take note.

I changed from my Ibanez Edge, which cost $350 brand new, to a Gotoh Licensed floyd which costs only $220 and it works just as well as the Edge, if not better.

Do think over it carefully...

ya i know its a totally different animal

btw i used to have a licensed floyd equipped guitar, and after that, i can safely say im not a floyd rose person :cry:

most probably, im gonna have the kahler fixed on an archtop superstrat(tuneomatic)

guitarnub said:
ya i know its a totally different animal

btw i used to have a licensed floyd equipped guitar, and after that, i can safely say im not a floyd rose person :cry:

most probably, im gonna have the kahler fixed on an archtop superstrat(tuneomatic)

What do you mean by your definately not a floyd rose person? What sets the kahler apart?

guitarnub said:
easier to string and tune and the feel is very similar to a tuneomatic, easy to palm mute too

Really man, I don't know much abt the Kahler but if you can afford it and there is support for it, go ahead. :wink:

I can restring my gotoh floyd in 20 mins... 8) All you need is a trem block.

Back