Dishonest guy selling amp

gothviruz

I get pissed off easily with people who are dishonest and less than truthful in the products they are selling.

I bought this amp 2 days ago from this guy, he's a foreigner (I shall not say from which country as it may sound discriminating).

I came across this ad and contacted the seller.

http://www.soft.com.sg/classified/amplifer/p23988-100-25-new-oragne-crush-185-sg.html

As advertised, he claimed it's made in Germany and it's about 5 months old. Bought at Yamaha for $240 and now selling for $185.

As others would do, I asked to lower the price. He insisted $185. So I called up Yamaha to check for current selling price but unfortunately they only have the one without reverb, cost $190+.

To cut story short, he insisted on $185 and that it's on 100% brand new condition. So I stepped back.

Later he SMSed and said there's a dude testing the amp now and offered at $180. Still, I said no. In a few minutes, he told me it'd SOLD.

So I don't know what happened after that or if there was really a transaction took place. A few days later, he SMSed me and said the amp still available (I was like wth?). He offered $175. Again I asked him the condition, he said it's only 5 months old and brand new condition. I also asked if there's any receipt or warranty card but he said already thrown away.

I find it weird, 5 months old and already throw the warranty card? So I counter offered $160 if no warranty card, after much negotiation he agreed.

As i couldn't collect the amp, I got a friend to collect for me and he tested it too. Everything looked fine to my friend so he took it back.

When I got the amp, a closer look showed that the screws are rusty. Doesn't seemed like 5 months old to me. A further check revealed that it's Made in China, not Germany as he said. (I have no problems with MIC products, it's just the lie)

Armed with the serial number, I checked with Yamaha. Although they can't determined when the amp was purchased, they confirmed that the last piece of this model was sold in early July 2010. And that may not even be the date this amp was bought, it could be earlier. And yet he said 5 months old.

The amp, works fine .. Except that after a while of playing, the sounds cracked a little. It may not be an issue to me but with all the dishonest facts the foreigner seller provided me, of cos I got pissed.

We exchanged SMSes and got quite nasty. One moment he said he came to Singapore not even 9 months, one moment he said he came last year Jan.

I'm actually pissed with his dishonesty. Anyway he refused to take the amp back as he accused me of purposely damaging it to get a refund. WTF?

He even asked me to bring the amp to Yamaha to let them open up and check if I modify any parts before he agrees to take it back. Any cost incurred, ill have to pay. Again.. WTF?

Anyway I'm just tired arguing with him cos he kept changing his story and explanation.

I'm sharing my story.. Not expecting for any actions or whatsoever. Just as a lesson to be more careful with sellers and not to trust them wholeheartedly.

That's reality man, many people everywhere are just plain dishonest.

Anyway, a little bit of research would have shown that Orange amps were never made in Germany. Ever..

That's reality man, many people everywhere are just plain dishonest.

Anyway, a little bit of research would have shown that Orange amps were never made in Germany. Ever..

Yeah I agree with u..

Well I'm not very disturbed by where the amps are made if he had mentioned the truth. It's the whole dishonesty..

Initially he agreed to take back the amp but almost immediately he accused me of medling with the inside. .. If I were to mention his nationality here, it may cause uproar. Hehe

Hey man, that sucks. Buyer beware, but that's never an excuse for someone's dishonesty. I would suggest you keep your comments on-topic and not bring up the nationality bit again though, I don't believe it adds anything to the discussion.

I'm sure you've learnt to do your due diligence in future :)

Hey man, that sucks. Buyer beware, but that's never an excuse for someone's dishonesty. I would suggest you keep your comments on-topic and not bring up the nationality bit again though, I don't believe it adds anything to the discussion.

I'm sure you've learnt to do your due diligence in future :)

I did my checks but ya I agree that I didn't do enough. The amp is for my daughter actually .. So ya.. The whole feeling sucks

Hmm, noticed that ad for quite a while already. Oh well we all have to go through stuff like that in life.

Back