DEleted

I'm seriously considering Changing the Bridge P90 for a Gibson P94 mini humbucker. Any comments? I think a lot of rewiring for the tone switch needs to be done right if i want..

Pos1 : P90
Pos2 : p90 with top coil of humbucker
Pos3 : p90 with Humbucker combined
Pos4: Humbucker only

Is it possible?
Pls advise on cost and other alternatives to replace my bridge p90. Need it to fit a p90 space. Thank you.

lol i use P90s too. a lot of people put all their knobs on 10. before you fish out tons of cash to get new pickups, try dialing your tone knobs down a wee bit. my bridge P90 is at 7 1/2 or 8 instead of 10, though i keep my neck P90 at 10. it helps roll off the harsh bite from the top end of the bridge, so it leaves you with a warmer, yet bright crunchy sound characteristic of the P90.

Thanks pal, i'll try to... hey serial ninja, you've got an epi gold top too right? Heard you saying somewhere before...how does the Tone selector work ar? Can't seem to tell..

teochm said:
I'm seriously considering Changing the Bridge P90 for a Gibson P94 mini humbucker. .

many reviews suggest harmonic design Z90 for direct replacement p90 in humbucker size. Pricey though, and you have to order it through the website.

Mew said:
get one of those P90 sized hums from dimarzio?

great suggestion, especially if you wish to retain your guitar, just want a pickup swap. the abovementioned are Dimarzio's DLX pickups, i had a satisfactory result with one 8)

Dimarzio DLX Plus
img1028910502.jpeg

DLX are nice. I got the regular ones. The Plus are a bit hot innit?

Anyways you may wanna know that EMGs now makes P90s replacement. If I'm still playing guitars I'd be keen to check em out.

im using a p-90 squier tele....great stuff..its great for rock with vol pot maxed at 10...but at 5-7..add some delay..u got yourself a good rythm for green day's boulavard of broken dreams...tone pot is great..can get good yellowcard tones from it...i suggest that you get the DLX p-90 sized humbuckers...its good stuff..if your a steve morse/deep purple fan..even better..as for me...i getting EMGs...but got battery box problem so most likely get a new guitar....by the way..p-90s sound great with roland cubes..

edder said:
Anyways you may wanna know that EMGs now makes P90s replacement. If I'm still playing guitars I'd be keen to check em out.

Those EMG P90s have style, in the popular 81,85,60 models.

How much are the dimarzios? the DLX plus? Can get from Davis issit? Where do i go to do the fitting? Thanks!

Back