Custom bass project *help

Bingsu007

Hi ,
I would like to build a custom electric bass for myself.
May I know where i can get the wood for a reasonable price here.
If possible , how am i supposed to do the electronics of the bass , like the tone and switch.

There is an incredible amount of information and resource on talkbass. I would recommend that you go through all that info first before attempting to build a bass urself as it is not as simple as putting woods and electronic all together. Nevertheless to answer your question:
1. I'm assuming by wood you mean wood that has already been cut out into the shape and not just blocks of wood. Warmoth is the biggest US store that sell finished bass parts such as neck/body that you can assemble yourself. For local I'm not sure if any shops sell wood but I do see people selling parts on carousell. Some are unfinished though so you'll need to finish it if you're buying those type. If you're looking for cheap, talkbass has a marketplace that has a large volume of second hand parts for sale daily, just have to be patient and wait for the stuff that you want. Although it will require shipping from the states, the variety there is much more than what you can get locally.
2. Most electronics will require soldering and if it's your first time doing it, do practice before trying on anything valuable. Its actually pretty simple if you are familiar with how electronics work in general. The video shows you roughly how it's done.

Ive done a similar project myself, the electronics and hardware I bought off amazon but the woods I found locally at a shop called Tombalek, they also offer guitar making classes if you need help.

Back