Contest - Write A Love Song (sponsored by Guitar77)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Songwriting Contest Queries

hi james,

i'm new to songwriting contests so hope you can be patient with my questions ya...

1) is there any limit to the number of songs submitted per person?
2) song-writer does not have to be the vocalist right?
3) acoustic (keyboard or guitar + vocals) will do or need full band?
4) how are the songs judged? does lyrics and vocal quality play a part?
5) when will the winning song be announced?

thanks a lot!

hi muakz

1. let's limit it to 2.
2. songwriter does not have to be singer.
3. depending on the arrangement of the song. 1 guitar or full band is fine.
4. every detail will be judged. it is just like sending a demo to a record company.
5. about 1 week after closing date.

this is the best opportunity to showcase your talents. :wink:

hey sorry but im really clueless about recording on the com. how shd i go about record voice and acoustic guitar?

nothing. just a computer and a guitar. i do have a built in mic on the top of my monitor, but that things pretty crappy.

Ooooooh! I love Xmas songs!

Hmm, must go n brainstorm with Jeff n whip up something from his inhouse Caveman Productions... :)

pr0n, if you had practised very very hard and can perform the song very very well, you can come to my place to do the recording.

remember, you must sing and play very very nice ok. else i will charge you. :wink:

hahaha! im not sure i have the time to go down to your place, im only free up to the 26. in that time i gotta complete the melody, write the solo and lyrics and find a vox. =( thanks anyway man! ill try my best. :D

if anyone need help for the recording, just let me know. i will drive to your place in my SOFT van with my mobile recording gears! he..hee.. but must make sure you are performing and not practising when i am there.

hi!

i'm interested in the contest and i've prepared my song, less vocals. it's a malay song, and i've done it up using prophead reason. but i need help to add in the vocals :?

wud appreciate any advise or help :)

i am extending the deadline because now we have a prize award and also quite a few expressed that they needed more time to find singers to do the recording.

it is all good.

therefore, i will extend the submission deadline to 1 Jan 07.

have fun! :lol:

quickly work on it ok. dont wait until the day before the deadline and rush to finish. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back