Contest - Write A Love Song (sponsored by Guitar77)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Let's have a little fun to squeeze out the creative juice in us!

Theme: Love Song

Brief: Write a love song that is suitable for the coming year-end festive season. Something so good that every little boy and little girl would want to request it as a dedication to their loved ones.

Details:

1. Submit a demo recording (mp3) with singing and music to info@soft.com.sg .
2. Length to be 3 - 5 mins.
3. Not submitted for any previous competition or performance.
4. Song + recording remains the property of participants.
5. Last day of submission is 1 January 2007.

update:

Guitar77 will SPONSOR

3 TROPIES + 1 Acoustic GUITAR

- Deadline extended to 1 Jan 07.

for languages, let's stick with the main ones in Singapore. English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil.

prizes, hmmm... any sponsors? :lol:

Prize: Pull some strings and get the winning song on radio! Or something along that line. Haha.

This sounds like fun; I forsee an influx of acoustic crooning.

All genres welcomed? Imagine some brutaldeathcoregrindmetal love song. Heh.

Will all the songs be available for downloads? How would the winner be chosen, anyways?

this is the best time to team up with a singer. find those leann rimes type. sure chart topper.

Aiya... too bad,
I just post one love song with singing in OM before reading this thread.
Else can use that for this composition.
Sigh...
I think that is the only one song that I do with singing.
dun have chance to come out anymore...

instrumental's allowed? i cant sing for nuts.

Aiyah. Just 'sing' one or two words lah and then hum a few parts. Just say "my love" at the end of each verse and then say "your face" at the end of the chorus. And like James said, do it with a Leanne Rymes type of voice - sure make it.

Cheers
RoRK

ya, we want to zap all the radio station, imagine your song being played every hour during the christmas period!

i will work on mine too.

* i never say organiser cannot take part :wink: i want to be famous and rich too!

Howzabout the winner gets a 12-hour date with Amanda Ling? :D

That'll keep in line with the theme too? Winners of the fairer sex gets a date with me. :D I mean someone has got to volunteer right?

Cheers
RoRK

SOFT: hi john, how are things over your side?

John: Great! I have been signed by XYZ Company as a songwriter. One of my song has been selected for the upcoming album for ABC.

SOFT: WOW! That's awesome.

John: Ya man. It is all thanks to SOFT. They actually heard my demo on the SOFT radio and they contacted me.

SOFT: Really?

John: REALLY!

The above was an MSN conversation I had with one SOFTie who found his way to the commercial music business. Hopefully, more aspiring songwriters/producers will be discovered among SOFTies and live the dream they wanted.

if you guys got any questions about vocal/band recording or using midi to do up the demo, do post them here. i try my best to give suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back