cakewalk pro audio 9

kentaroC

hi, i am a newbie in recording music.

currently i am using the cakewalk pro audio 9 to do multitracking for my band. however i experience problems :

heavy loss of sound quality after audio is mixed down to wave format? (the clearity and punch is so much different from listening to the song within the software) is there any other to get the song to a cd while maintaining the quality of the sound i am hearing when working in the software?

thanks alot in advance !!!

hi, am newbie too, using CW PA8,

NOt sure exactly how to help you, just fiddle around with all the audio functions, record wave as 44100Hz 16/24bits etc...

gd luck,

what soundcard u using?

Don´t know how you´ve set up the system, and i´m using sonar. Internally each project i do is at 24bit/48khz. dumping to wav, be sure you´re using 16bit/44.1khz if you´re so inclined or 24bits. Sonically there really is a difference between dumped wav and project sounds if the settings are wildly different. Also, if you´ve got a 5.1 system, you might have to change each output to point to the front 1/2 speakers if you´re doing normal stereo.

CW Pro Audio 9 with laptop

Hi guys,
need help with the above subject. im using a laptop with sigmatel audio card.

cant seem to hear the playback using midi when i load a midi into CW. i do not have a midi port. just usb and firewire.

i guess it must be some compatibility prob. but dun no wat. can anyone help??

kentaroC said:
hi, i am a newbie in recording music.

currently i am using the cakewalk pro audio 9 to do multitracking for my band. however i experience problems :

heavy loss of sound quality after audio is mixed down to wave format? (the clearity and punch is so much different from listening to the song within the software) is there any other to get the song to a cd while maintaining the quality of the sound i am hearing when working in the software?

thanks alot in advance !!!

After mixed down to 16bits, you need to do mastering. Look for a software named T-racks. Without mastering, all sound is suck!!

Re: CW Pro Audio 9 with laptop

montereyb said:
Hi guys,
need help with the above subject. im using a laptop with sigmatel audio card.

cant seem to hear the playback using midi when i load a midi into CW. i do not have a midi port. just usb and firewire.

i guess it must be some compatibility prob. but dun no wat. can anyone help??

U may consider to use ESI ROMIO, 1 in 2 out 32 channel USB MIDI port. It is plug & play

romio_full01.jpg

Back