Bridge vs Terry

when jt slept with Vanessa Perroncel, who btw was only a girlfriend, she and wayne bridge were already not together. there's so much media bias going on and people are just taking in everything that the tabloids have been writing.

wayne has obviously been over reading 'the bro code'

though, i wouldnt defend JT for betraying his wife..

carefree

dude. how would you feel when you found out that one of your closest friend has been sleeping around with the mother of your child? Its not media bias. JT screwed up big time. I mean seriously? Terry made Perroncel pregnant you know..

sorry, but i just dont see how wayne bridge can be at fault in this whole saga. to me, he's just the victim.

I think Bridge should've skipped the formalities all together, meaning he should've just skipped shaking hands with everybody.

He chose to adhere, he should at least shake Terry's hand because it's about the football. Yea it ain't easy to come face to face with Terry but some times to get back at someone is to be a gentleman.

it's already a feat to keep cool and not punch john terry in the face, still need to shake hands with him?

What goes on off field should never be tangled with what goes on within its perimeters.

That is why in MMA for example, the competition is kept on the mat, after the game you shake hands.

His is not the only case of a best friend doing your chick, only the difference, it got worldwide media attention due to their profile.

I still say he should've either skipped the whole thing or shook Terry's hand.

mma is mma, mma is not about having your best friend sleeping with your gf.

the worldwide media attention should not be mixed up with whether bridge should shake terry's hand. why would anyone decide to shake or not shake a person's hand just because of media attention? when the person in question is someone who slept with your gf.

bridge not shaking terry's hand is a non-issue, not even a small matter. it's not a disciplinary infringement. it's also basic human nature and how any normal ordinary joe would behave.

dude. how would you feel when you found out that one of your closest friend has been sleeping around with the mother of your child? Its not media bias. JT screwed up big time. I mean seriously? Terry made Perroncel pregnant you know..

sorry, but i just dont see how wayne bridge can be at fault in this whole saga. to me, he's just the victim.

honestly, bridge should have already seen this coming. and JT has to be the one who's been made an example of.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eals-shes-woman-truly-voracious-ambition.html

this is the 1 article that nv got around. why? because it wouldnt sell. this whole thing is a case of over representation.

who are we or the media think we are to have a right to justifying one's private life? we watch the game because we love it.

bridge not shaking terry's hand is a non-issue, not even a small matter. it's not a disciplinary infringement. it's also basic human nature and how any normal ordinary joe would behave.

so in context of their profession, jt did not do anything that would be a 'disciplinary infringement'.. why did he have to be dropped as captain?

mma is mma, mma is not about having your best friend sleeping with your gf.

the worldwide media attention should not be mixed up with whether bridge should shake terry's hand. why would anyone decide to shake or not shake a person's hand just because of media attention? when the person in question is someone who slept with your gf.

Dude it was an example in professionalism. If it wasn't due to media attention why did you bother to post?

It is a non-issue but it became one because of media attention. I'm just stating my opinion on how he could've handled it because he should know the world is watching.

When it comes to professionalism it transcends sports etc.

I beg to differ in regards to your statement on ANY regular joe. I know some regular joe who do not express their ill-feelings as he even though they went through what he did.

I ain't blasting him, I'm just stating my opinion from what I've seen for myself.

cos he brought the game into disrepute? and what he did is hardly what any normal ordinary joe would do (to their best friend).

every action has a reaction.

action: jt slept with wb's gf
reactions: jt got dropped as captain. wb pissed off with jt, wb refuses to shake jt's hand.

so in context of their profession, jt did not do anything that would be a 'disciplinary infringement'.. why did he have to be dropped as captain?

Good point.

He slept with someone who slept with him, it was mutual. He had to face the 'wrath' probably due to public pressure aroused by media attention.

It's a price one has to pay for being a public figure, I guess the powers that be are afraid fans may boycott the game resulting in low financial returns.

I feel for JT because the issue is a common one - I'm not saying what he did what morally right- then again it takes two hands to clap, he was unlucky to be famous.

Very good point brutha Nak.

cos he brought the game into disrepute? and what he did is hardly what any normal ordinary joe would do (to their best friend).

every action has a reaction.

reactions: jt got dropped as captain. wb pissed off with jt, wb refuses to shake jt's hand.

You're mistaken, there are alot of ordinary joes who do the same.

Dude it was an example in professionalism. If it wasn't due to media attention why did you bother to post?

It is a non-issue but it became one because of media attention. I'm just stating my opinion on how he could've handled it because he should know the world is watching.

When it comes to professionalism it transcends sports etc.

I beg to differ in regards to your statement on ANY regular joe. I know some regular joe who do not express their ill-feelings as he even though they went through what he did.

I ain't blasting him, I'm just stating my opinion from what I've seen for myself.

but you talked about mma, and how they kept their fights strictly to the mat and not bring it into their personal lives. okay, but how does it relate to the jt/wb saga? it's like in football, you keep your football rivalries to the field and not bring it out into your personal lives. that's good. but you don't act all chummy with the guy who slept with your gf on the field with global media coverage? if you do it may be argued that you are being fake.

and yes i have to agree with you if it wasn't due to media spotlight we all won't be posting about this. but again, what has me posting got anything to do with wb's decision to shake jt's hand or not? i'm saying the media attention shouldn't affect wb's decision to shake jt's hand, not saying whether it gets the football fans talking about it.

professionalism, sports, yada yada.. read my 1st paragraph. but just to add on, if wb not shaking jt's hand is deemed as being unprofessional, then what about the countless red card offences that happen week in and week out? or worse transgressions like a certain mr cantona who kicked a fan yet got revered as a HERO by many man utd fans worldwide?

i'm not sure how the ordinary joes you know manage to do it.

i'm just saying, give wayne bridge a break. he has had enough. by not shaking jt's hand he gets blasted. look at it another way - if he shakes jt's hand, there will be people who say that he is being fake. you can't please everyone.

Good point.

He slept with someone who slept with him, it was mutual. He had to face the 'wrath' probably due to public pressure aroused by media attention.

It's a price one has to pay for being a public figure, I guess the powers that be are afraid fans may boycott the game resulting in low financial returns.

I feel for JT because the issue is a common one - I'm not saying what he did what morally right- then again it takes two hands to clap, he was unlucky to be famous.

Very good point brutha Nak.

i won't judge the morality of john terry's actions, but similarly i think any talk of unprofessionalism on wayne bridge should be thrown out of the window too.

the only good thing out of this that i can see is that wayne bridge, thanks to his best friend john terry, finally saw his gf's true colours, and hopefully can move on to a better life without the gf.

I agree that Bridge deserves a break, he has to deal with the fact that the sex was consensual, that's gotta be the toughest bit.

I'm just saying I ain't chiding him for not shaking hands, it was just a matter of personal opinion. I used MMA because there were a similar - as in Terry/Bridge saga -involving 2 fighters who were scheduled to fight each other.

Yet they exhibited professionalism by sticking to the rules instead of just bashing each other up mindlessly especially when it's so tempting in a combat sport. After that they shook hands but once they leave the arena, it's a different ballgame.

Sometimes someone has to come along and hurt you. to know that you were well.

I think that this small tiny act in the universe is more trouble than its worth.

However, i felt that in the spirit of professionalism, WB shld've shaken JT's hand. I think he wld've been the 'bigger' man if he'd done that.

wb and vanessa broke up 3 months prior to her affair with jt..

and what true colours are you talking about? read the article i've linked, not only was wb aware before he got involved with vanessa, he was probably warned against it as well.

no one else but the media would benefit from this whole thing. you honestly think this whole thing has made bridge a bigger man? 'resigning' from the national squad and giving the media a reason to write about his 'plight'.. come on, he probably isnt even the 3rd choice LB

Back