Boss gt-10

Have used GT10 and have one for sale

Hi, would be glad to discuss with you. I've owned one for about 6 months and have it for sale now. I'm selling it because it's I intended to play out with it and I'm not doing that. Just playing at home these days, so I decided to start another stomp box collection. :)

It's a great unit. Very powerful and flexible once you get over the initial learning curve.

Gt-10

Hi there....

Feel free to talk or share bout it....

Been using for almost a year....gigging, home recording and jammin.......

Its really a powerful unit as I've been using GT-6 for 6 mth before switching to GT-8(use more than 2 yrs + ) before the 10.

I believe there are others 10 user out there.....

Hmm.. Isn't this a review subforum.

No matter. The mods will sort it out :p

I, on the other hand, would like to know what exactly is in the gt10. Every single boss pedal ever made? If it has all the pedals, does it include notable versions of the same pedal? Say DD-3 and DD-6? Is the FX chain sortable? I heard it has no wah function?

Is it like the line 6 with other brand's sounds inside?

If you could answer that, I would be grateful. I am contemplating buying either the X3 or the GT10. I find that I have problems with my signal chain in terms of on-the-spot dynamic changes. Sure, I could DIY a whole solution mad entirely of routers, splitters, etc. But therein lies the paradox. I lose flexibility for everything other than what I had planned for.

Cheers.

GT 10 distortion still not quite ok ahh the distortion that come out from my toneblaster 65watt amp still better

Hmm.. Isn't this a review subforum.

No matter. The mods will sort it out :p

I, on the other hand, would like to know what exactly is in the gt10. Every single boss pedal ever made? If it has all the pedals, does it include notable versions of the same pedal? Say DD-3 and DD-6? Is the FX chain sortable? I heard it has no wah function?

- U have most of the BOSS pedal in it but not all. U dont even find a BOSS metal zone inside cos a metal zone is jus a distortion + eq pedal in 1box. Feel free to download the gt10 manual from BOSS website to have all the overviews of efx pedal parameter available.

- FX chain is sortable depend on your preference which include the 2 o/p amps. It does have the wah function inside and the pedal expression is assingable to be ur volume, whammy, efx on/off or adjust ur efx parameter itself.

Is it like the line 6 with other brand's sounds inside?

- Subjective as any commercial brand, company will try to emulate other to attract buyer. Its also up to user to feel is the branding is also the same or close to the sounding. Its up to u if u need it. I would recommend you to try the unit itself to justify urself. At the end of the day its ur final tweaking rather than the branding sound itself

Cheers.

Hope Ive answer to ur questions.....

I've been using GT10 for more than a year now and I found this multiple effects is very powerful. For the first 6 months I've been struggling how to calibrate every single effects that I want in my patch to produce the sound that suite the type of music I play and my ears. All the effects that an aspirant guitarist like me are all inside this huge metal effects. But it will take sometime to learn how to change all the parameter inside this unit...

I feel pity to those who just bought this powerful effects and sell them right away, and for sure they don't have patience how to adjust the settings that's why they find a hard time and end it up selling this unit.

About the dirt/distortion/OD there's a bunch of present and customized how rough you want to have...

If you ask me to compare this with stomboxes you will save a lot but be sure you have a lot patience to learn this unit...

You will learn a lot from this forum

http://www.bossgtcentral.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=157

I hope this will help for those guys who plans to own 1...

RockOn!!!

selling my boss gt-10

Guys. I'am selling my boss GT-10 for $800 in very good condition. if can be deal before this end of june i can sell it for $750.
Comes with original gt-10 box and instruction manual. If you want the casing of this multieffect i can sell you for $50 as i brought the casing from yamaha for 100+ . You may try out my gt-10 either at my house at yishun or at my working place sv guitars located in peninsula shopping center

Reason to sell boss gt-10 -> wanna change to use wampler single effect

My e-mail-> ronorozoro1988@hotmail.com
Hp: 98896025

Contact me either e-mail or Hp as i seldom log in to soft :)

i own a Gt-10 now ! to tell everyone the truth it is a very very good pedal however, your knowledge on sound and tone must really really be there and there is this really big learning curb that you will have to clear before knowing really how to use it! i even used to have problems cutting through live and this is due to the lack of knowledge! in addition i feeel that in the very end ! if you have the cash ! anolog and single pedals are the best of the best and even in recording (talking about distortion and overdrive)

for the naturally digital sounds and other synthesis like sounds, the gt-10 is good but for distortion !!!!! omg to be honest i hate it !
now i only use it for practice sessions, but for live shows its anolog and single units all the way ! ( it also depends on the amp you are using! if your amp is like some Bogner or sometihing your gt-10 will sound good and real :))

if anyone diagrees please do comment ! we all care by sharing with each other :)

I owned a GT-10 for about 2 days. Happened to trade some pedals for it just to try. Promptly sold it off again.

The distortion sounded worse than even a stock DS-1. The pitchshifting tracked terribly. The delays were sterile and cold. The expression pedal had an uncomfortable throw. And the interface was so poorly designed that even if it had any good features you'd be hard pressed to find them.

I'm sure with a lot of work and EQing and tweaking you could get it to sound halfway decent, but for $550 (what I traded at and sold it for, which is probably half of Swee Lee's price or something lol) you can build a great pedalboard, no need boutique stuff, and get great sounds easily.

or alternatively, you could get a pod HD500.. haha i have that and as an ex X3 Live owner, i'm quite familiar with the similar interface and i'm enjoying the m13 quality effects on top of the improved amp models, though it's rather limited at 16 amps.

I owned a GT-10 for about 2 days. Happened to trade some pedals for it just to try. Promptly sold it off again.

The distortion sounded worse than even a stock DS-1. The pitchshifting tracked terribly. The delays were sterile and cold. The expression pedal had an uncomfortable throw. And the interface was so poorly designed that even if it had any good features you'd be hard pressed to find them.

I'm sure with a lot of work and EQing and tweaking you could get it to sound halfway decent, but for $550 (what I traded at and sold it for, which is probably half of Swee Lee's price or something lol) you can build a great pedalboard, no need boutique stuff, and get great sounds easily.

Is GT-10 that bad? O_O, I tried gt-10 before from my friend.. and it is not that atrocious.. except for the delay.. the delay isn't nice.. But the part about distortion sounding worse than a DS-1, i think it's a bit biased against it.

But, haha, i still prefer non-multieffect pedals. you get to choose the tone u want.

The GT-10 isnt that bad cmon!
i have used it for 2years...it isnt really that bad...but it is definitely a unit you require lots of patience and as mentioned earlier...initial learning curve...
if you lack those, the unit simply sucks to you...

:) i think i have summarized it quite abit :D

Interface poorly designed? hahha.. man, wait till u look at pod hd500's interface, inadequate dsp n all... Its ur loss, IMHO. Heck, I can use gt10's efx to make a helicopter effect. U shld see the looks of the audience.

enuf said... btw, does a 2-day ownership review of the gt10, counts? Go figure... :D

Peace,

MrBlade

Back