Boss DD-20 VS Line 6 DL 4. Which do you prefer and why?

At the 2nd hand prices (or worse, the horrible first hand prices from local retailers), perhaps a Nova Delay obtained from eBay would be a better option. Both pedals are great and have a myriad of tones obtainable.

This is something that you should think about no matter what pedal you are intending to buy. List down all the features that you want in a delay unit. Be practical about it. List things you know you will use on a REGULAR basis. You might just find urself being fulfilled, possibly, with a simpler and even cheaper pedal.

In anycase, my vote goes for the DD20, usability, endless options, ready external tempo jack.

The DL4 has it's own strengths in terms of options, and I particularly am a big fan of the auto volume effect. Though easily replicated with a volume pedal or slow gear, Line 6 seem to have this effect particularly well nailed (Unless you bring the Timeline into the picture). Other than that, the stock switches crap out really fast, external tap means modifications to the unit.. blah blah blah.

Taking the discussion out of the 2 units mentioned by the TS, the Nova Delay is brilliant. Really a high quality easy to use in a live situation delay.

if you are open to exploring there are many other not-so-known-ard-here pedals that you can check out: Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Delay, Digitech TimeBender Delay, Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy, Tech 21 Boost DLA Delay w/ Tap Tempo, TC Electronic Flashback Delay, TC Electronic RPT-1 Nova Repeater Delay and last but not least dare I list the Diamond Memory Lane Jr.

All great units, all plus/minus within your mentioned pedals' prices.

Latest posts

Back