Booster Recommendation

lamity

hullo. so i was thinking of getting a volume boost pedal to drive my other ods cos presently im using a nice od pedal to do that and feel its a bit of a waste. theres a few brands around like the ehx lpb1 and the seymour duncan pickup booster and the mxr micro amp and the protone mach II etc etc so i was wondering if yall had any special recommendations or unrecommendations like 'stay away from .. at all costs!' that kinda thing ..

im hoping to get one for less than 100 dollars la. iv seen like a ehx one selling for 45 dollars and a fulltone one selling for 200+ and everything in between so i think ill use 100 as a rough cut off point.

ok thanks!

this one if you are not too particular with brand name:

BEHRINGER+PB+100.JPG

i just ordered the Catalinbread VariOboost to fulfill the requirement you are looking for. Did some read up on the pedal, so gonna try to see how it is...

i just ordered the Catalinbread VariOboost to fulfill the requirement you are looking for. Did some read up on the pedal, so gonna try to see how it is...

Interesting. Notch filter + booster.

lamity, what do you want out of that "volume boost pedal"? Different clean boosters have different characteristics, e.g. Using a Zvex SHO would up your gain and give you a wonderfully bluesy bite, but you wouldn't get that effect using an MXR Micro Amp / LPB1.

Back