Biking

Hydrofly

I've recently got back into biking after quite a while of not riding around because I've had fencing. Well, now with my torn acl, its pretty much the only sport I can do. I usually bike around a total of 100km per week. About 30km per trip. Who else here's into cycling?

Bro,

Am to into riding. Presently riding a Dean Colonel. Used to play soccer but suffered a torn ligament on my knee. As such no more competative soccer for me. Glad to know theres someone here also into biking.

LOL! HAHA torn ligaments seem to do the trick when prodding one to take up biking eh! I'm missing a knee ligament as well. Welcome to the club.

good to know there r bikers in the only forum i frequent :D

i assume u guys r that into biking that u dont mind spending a few grand on a bike? what r those btw? mtbs? i dunno much about biking, but the main reason i'm getting into it (well, maybe) is to save costs. tram tix costs $104.40 here!

any bikes to recommend? otherwise i'm gonna get the $100 one at the dept store..

If you want an MTB get a GT Avalanche, around 600SGD if I am no wrong, it's an excellent MTB, if you want a roadbike and don't mind blowing alot of cash on it, the TREK 1000 is not a bad starting point. I can't afford either because my guitars cost a bloody bomb. Well, read my sig and go find out the prices...

Personally, I'm riding a Dean titanium. The thing cost me about $4000/-. Quite expansive huh. Normally I would ride around S'pore but the futherest I've cycle to is Desaru. Upon reaching, butt no feeling. Now that's what you call "A pain in the you know where"

hahas..coool... lets go for round island! so long nv cycle already... last time i use to do like 50-80 km perwk... but now slack already.. hahas!

hmm, if u 1 2 bike, u should come across to Malaysia. We have lots of place you can ride. I just started biking off-road. Really nice. I use a GT frame ( dunno which modellar)

Now i bike at FRIM first ( Forrest research institue in Malaysia). there is a trail we call Steroids Hill. Kinda nicelar. Coz i'm still new, so it's a challenge for me.

But i see quite a number of sing registered number plates when i go to FRIM to ride. Now no time to ride, coz busy wif studies...........

Haha I use a cheapo raleigh mojave 3, no cash for a better one, saving for a fretboard scalloping job too! Set lah end of the year, SOFT round island bike trip! I usually can last 30-50km at one go, better train up...

I am interested in riding, but not sure which shops have good deals. Anyone can recommend me a good bike? I don't wanna buy those racers with super thin tyres. Prefer something like a mountain bike but probably suited for road riding.

xypher=I am interested in riding, but not sure which shops have good deals. Anyone can recommend me a good bike? I don't wanna buy those racers with super thin tyres. Prefer something like a mountain bike but probably suited for road riding.

Depends on your budget. There are lots of choices - the usual suspects: Scott, Trek, Kona, Cove, etc, etc. Better to go off to a bike shop and look around. More important is to make sure you get a bike that fits your physique (how tall you are, how flexible, reach, leg length) - google "bike fitting" and get an online bike fitting calculator to get Frame Size.

Go to togoparts.com - this is the best local bike forum IMO.

hello..ex free-rider here...
used to ride a zhnged out kona coiler, sold it to concentrate on guitars...hehh.

yep betsybug is right, b4 u select a bike, u need 2 noe what frame size to get based on your height and also what type of discipline are you into. obviously, ur not gonna ride a road bike off-road correct?
and yes, togoparts.com is the recommended bike forum if any of u guys are interested.

Bike Shop

Don't know in the east but you can try these.
1) Ah Boon at Kembangan
2) L n T Cycle at Tampines
3) Hup Leong Cycle which is at Chinatown (which i frequent)

So far these are the few that i patronise

I'm in to cycling too. I'd go in groups of 4 - 5 friends. cycling from woodlands to khatib. I own a GT Aggressor last dec. Sad, it was stolen on.. Christmas eve. My dad's Chris MT 21' speed bike was stolen too.Now i gotta use my old 21' speed MT

Back