Bandwidth Ceiling

mikemann

Hi James,

A recent observation, the main page takes a bit of time to come out typical 5-10sec after click on start page.

Occasions where click to view forum, comes to blank page with something like "too many page load in too little time" on top

Is this part of the bugs in the new s/w engine?? or still affected by the recent taiwan quake?? or really Soft has so many users using at a time (GREAT!!)??

Sincerely,
Mikemann......... heehee.....

mikemann, all the above are true.

we have too many SOFTies who can read very fast. what happen is they click pages after pages. this stress the database server and at the same time use up loads of bandwidth.

i am trying out some poor man's method such as longer interval between 'clicking' and disabling the avatar. till i figure how i can do it better.

all these while, i keep reminding SOFTies not to abuse the quote function. now the database has grown into a big monster. i have to go in and trim it down.

oh man! i want the quote button back. haha! but yeah,hope it comes back soon, all the best mr soft!

Hmm.

Yeah boss, I lurk around almost everyday for close to 5-6 hours, and I'll admit that I click the forum index button pretty often.

Oh wells... :) good luck boss!

Just curious, are you hosting this on your own server, James?

Maybe you could open a Paypal account and add a donate button somewhere.

I'm sure most of us here, who have benefited from using the forums, will be able to donate $2, $5, $10.. any amount will help, if that helps with hardware upgrades and stuff.

weckl-x, thanks for your generous suggestion.

if anyone like to support (financially) SOFT, just drop me an email/pm. much appreciated.

Back