Band Looking for a Polished Bassist

mndsg74

Hi all,

My band is in dire need of looking for a bassist.

Band Concept:
We play anything under the sun.
Our jamming sessions will have stuffs from Tracy Chapman, Sheryl Crow, U2, Cranberries, Andy Gibbs (Beegees), Dubious Brothers, to Evanescence, Puddle of Mudd, Linkin Park, Night Wish, Loudness, Cacophony, Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Satriani, etc. So, as you can see, we play a wide range of genres of music, not limiting ourselves. (Top 40, Pop, Grunge, Groove, Funk, Blues, Alternative, rock, disco, metal, etc)

Band Current Line-up:
Vocal (female/main vocal)
Lead Guitar 1 (male/main vocal for male songs)
Lead Guitar 2 and Keyboard/Synth (me, currently standing in for the Bass)
*Bass (Unfilled and Opened for Audition)
Drum (drums, percussions and timbale trained)

Band Background:
Our age range is between 25(vocal), 30-33(musicians).
Lead Guitar 1 and Drummer have been together for more than 10yrs of playing. In average, every member of our band has more than 15yrs of experience with our instruments. We had our own bands and had performed. 3months ago, we decided to come together and do something together and play the things and songs we like. We plan to gear up for live jams/performances and record our own album. First priority is to have fun.

Bassist Criteria / Minimum Requirement:
1. No race preference (however we have original songs in Malay #indo rock influence#, but we welcome any good bassist, any race; chinese, malay, indian, etc)
2. Male or Female, Single or Married
3. Independent and musically inclinced
4. Polished, skillful and trained player
5. Able to create and innovate good and interesting basslines for original songs and cover songs
6. Able to connect musically and creatively with drummer and guitarists
7. Commitment: Our jamming is mostly in the evening on some weekdays and saturday noon or evening. (traditionally, once or twice a week) - if you are unable to commit your time, we are afraid we can't accept you.
8. Lead Guitarist planning to convert to bass guitar are most welcome

Audition:
Interested candidates will be auditioned prior to be accepted into the band.

Audition Method:
Stage 1 - The drummer will create a beat and you are required to create interesting basslines based on the beat. The lead guitarist and myself will try to fit our solos in, while the vocals will then try to humm in. The main emphasis will be on you and you will create the main tune of the song.

Stage 2 - We will select a song (a popular song) to play with you, on the spot. You are expected to know the bassline of that song and play along with us without practice. The song selected will be a song many bands have played. The reason for this is to test your understanding of music composition based on the vocal tunes. A good musician will be able to find the tune on the spot based on vocal sounds. The song will be selected on the spot.

Audition Dates:
Saturday, 24 February 2007 (first audition)
Other dates will be made known to you.

The result will not be on the same day. Good candidates will be shortlisted and undergo other stages.

Please leave me a message if you believe that you will fit into the bill. It may seems serious, but, not to worry, we are looking for pure fun, that's all.

Thanks for reading.

sounds like too much effort for pure fun :)

are these paying gigs? just asking, i know i'd never qualify for a spot like that, but i reckon bass players of that calibre might be interested to know.

Yes, we have contacts for gigs and hotel live performances. And yes, it will be paid for some.

As I said, it may sound like some serious business, but pure fun too comes with pure commitment. If any band member is unable to commit, the fun may not be achieved.

The right candidate will be assessed based on his/her playing and commitment for jams and performances.

And, we don't need star player, just someone who loves to play and enjoy the music.

Thanks!

We have yet to choose a name.. which is less priority for now. We need to fix the band line up, as i've mentioned we've only came together 3months ago.

Back