awful hum after i bought one spot adaptor.

imsuchajoker

Hi all softies!
Im experiencing a great big problem which i need your help with.
I recently got the one spot adaptor with its extension cables from G77 based on the comments made by some softies.
I use it to hook up my
Triac--->Ts-9--->JD GCB-95 wah--->Guitar.

Before this when i switched on my triac and ts-9.
Only a little noise was produced however
after i changed to one spot..
its extremly noisy.
I tried different amps and still noisy.
Any help or solutions?
THANKS

when i used to have pedals in my setup, i have 'em run on batteries so as not to generate excessive noise.

i have a small hum from the one spot. but i use it only to power 2 pedals. a marshall jackhammer and a VS h20.

but its crazy cause the output is super high. i don't earth or ground my amp so i get little shocks from almost everywhere. the pedal covers, strings, bridge, etc. once i bend down to change some pedal settings and the strings shocked by nipple :lol:

i think that's a guitar not properly grounded there.

if it's an amp 240 volts, you'll get shocked pretty hard.

yeah i get hums as well. esp when i activate my MT2. then hum starts humming some melody away.

about that shocking thing. i got shock once on my bridge. lol

nope, mild shocks can happen too when the amp is not properly grounded. When i collected my marshall amp from davis, it came with a 2 pin power plug. Got plenty of mild shocks until i changed it to a 3 pin.

defective adaptor or grounding issues probably. 1spot works fine for me, powering 4 pedals now.

Paulo said:
defective adaptor or grounding issues probably. 1spot works fine for me, powering 4 pedals now.

tt might be the reason. mine is operating 4 pedals nicely n quietly oso..
best way,bring ur pedal n adaptor to the shop...
test it out
they r friendly in there...

Well. i guess the best way is to try at the shop.
But about the grounding issue how do you do it yeah? im not into electronics at all. so yeah thanks!
btw i get shocked too :)

Back