Article about local music (Straits Times AUG 27, 2004 FRI)

Tht's great! at least our local media hav take notice of our local band...i hope it can carry on promoting local music...for ugly in the morning,sozzled and lunarin....u guys/gals keep it up....! we need band like u.. :wink:

Yeah, and the drummer in "ugly in the morning" was my real mean and ugly 2IC way back in BMT.

lol...but anyway, good that there's exposure. I think there is another article after that about a band touring Ozz.

Its a good start.

Plus the mentioning of this young hard rocker girl-band. Real cool!!!

i just got electrico : so much more inside.

Its !@#$ing awesome., lots of diversity, talents potential Recording quality is surprisingly gd.

hifi_killer said:
i just got electrico : so much more inside.

Its !@#$ing awesome., lots of diversity, talents potential Recording quality is surprisingly gd.

Heard somewhere the mastering cost almost $100,000. 8O

thanks for the very kind words guys. hope you like the album.

mastering cost was nowhere near 100k! 10% of that actually. we did it with Stephen Marcussen - http://www.marcussenmastering.com . worth every cent. mastering was the final touch, but a LOT of credit has to go to Leonard Soosay - he made sure we had great tones throughout and he worked real hard on this album, and the final mix was superb. he even went to CA to oversee the mastering and brought the hard drive so as not to run risk of any quality loss when dumping the files to CD. Marcussen was very impressed - he did not believe it was recorded on pro tools and he said the recording quality was better than many projects he gets. he had something good source-wise to work with, hence the huge sound.

cheers

dan electrico

Got Eletrico and the Observatory at Music Junction. HMV has eletrico only... so far lah.

Response? 3 thumbs up man.

For eletrico, its very chill out, popish feel, up beat and happy. Some songs reflective though and "deep" light fabled agnst machine and runaway.

It starts off with an upbeat, quirky song called Studman...lol...but progressively becomes more reflective to show a more diverse sound; Cold Play meets Radiohead....Has a funk/jazzy feel to some songs, although the structure is still very rock and pop. The vocals, arrangement is overall very very impressive.

To summarize, can definitely compete with any USA band or Oz band. A long bright way ahead for our very own budding local band. Its good to see that bands have trudged through all the crap and despair in our local music scene to produce such an amazing album.

I'll say this goes into my very very very small (but growing) local collection....beside my concave scream and observatory discs... :p

Latest posts

Back