Ken Lim and The Business of Con-Artistry

Re: Ken Lim

"And while the discussion on "what is art"................mediocrity to counter-balance or contrast good work.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

Just came across this article by chance.

Sounds like a 'jealous cannot make it musician' trying to sound like Ken Lim but not in that level of status to judge or complain. I think the writer of this article should prove his contributions to society before he is entitled to shoot his mouth blindly.

This article is simply condescending, it makes the readers seem ignorant.

Readers are not idiots or will they simply agree without evidence or just because an article is posted by someone.

Such opinions are formed based on frustrations of one's inability to succeed.

I am in no way a fan of Ken Lim, but truth is, he has equal or done way more (including producting our Official National Anthem that we stand attention to each morning) than most local musicians has ever.

Stop spreading rumours, complain, bitch or indirectly speak about how unfortunate you are (but yet try to sound clever to yourself and others)

Encourage music for audience, and not yourself.

Kudos to Ken Lim>

Salute

Peace.. :cool:

No offence anyone...just kidding

Sorry justy back from my flight. Nah, Not my business, just that the article sounded like some frustrated and jealous singer/s who can't seem to make it complaining and hiding behind forums anonymously... Well, they are called ' indi complainers"

Saw this interview and it reminded me of this thread. For those of you who know your 90s music, Tricky's "Maxinquaye" is one of the masterpieces of trip hop. Here are some quotes, starting from around 8:00 onwards.

Tricky: If you see the biggest artistes in the world now, none of them are saying anything. People live through them vicariously, watch what they do, what they eat, try to act like them, but they're not saying anything. It's just one big lie - smoke and mirrors, you know. It's just like ... Simon Cowell - who is the guy? Who is this guy to say whether someone's good or not, how can he have an opinion, who is he? He's just a guy who dresses badly. People who sit on panels rarely do anything. I'd like to see them put me on that show and let any of them judge me. You know what? I'll give you a day's studio time and I'll have a day's studio time, we'll make an EP and let's see what you do and let's see what I do.

John Doran: This is the most musically conservative time I can remember since the mid 80s...

Tricky: I just don't have a lot of respect for what's going on now musically and .... got to be one of the worst times for music now.

My comments: while I've not heard everything Ken Lim has produced, I find that American Idol / Singapore Idol to be one of the most offensive things I've ever seen, and I'm pretty glad that I've found somebody whose music I admire to agree with me.

To be fair, Paula Abdul has had quite a few number 1 hits.

Tricky comes across as a nice and humble guy, for a person who's penned lyrics like "I'll fuck you in the ass just for a laugh" or "I'll drink till I'm drunk and smoke till I'm senseless". Maxinquaye is still one of the most evil sounding pieces of music I've ever heard.

Sorry justy back from my flight. Nah, Not my business, just that the article sounded like some frustrated and jealous singer/s who can't seem to make it complaining and hiding behind forums anonymously... Well, they are called ' indi complainers"

Here's an update for you. Apparently your "indi complainer" (think his real name is Bani Haykal) just won a major award.

So it is good that before you mouth off you know what you are talking about.

http://www.todayonline.com/entertai...llion-young-artist-award-recipients-announced

Latest posts

Back