Anyone know good music shop in KL?

Which part of KL are going to??

If U r going to Bukit Bintang Side, check out Bentley Music. Its eqivalent to Swee Lee. All the hign end stuffs are there but remember, the prices are a bit steep.

Location: Its opposite of Bukit Bintang Monorail Station. Located in the heart of KL. If u are not sure, from Pudu bus station, walk all the way to Bukit Bintang area which is about 5 to 10 mins depending on your speed. Walk all the way, to the KL Monorail station and cross the road. The shop is further down and you definitely can't miss it. Its damn big!!!

I hope that this info would somehow help. Good luck on your treasure hunt!!!

just take a cab (make sure the cabbie charge by meter and not by agreement), tell him to go to bukit bintang and walla!! u're there...

Btw, bukit bintang is located at the heart of KL.. U can't miss it..

wah lao, who doesnt know bukit bintang. i always party her emah. i know. jsut im not sure where is the bentley.

WOW!

WOW! Thank you for the info, this music store selling ROLAND products.
Must check it out! Hopefully their price is cheaper than Swee Lee !!!

Talk about cheap...

Well, I went there several times and the price there is quite steep as compared to Swee Lee's in general..

Singaporeans tend to be more arithmetical when buying stuff in M'sia. So, its no difference when U are buying musical instruments. Furthermore, the store is located in the heart of KL so there are factors that can lead to high prices..

But, if u want to compare in terms of variety, there's more in KL..

Have fun and happy shopping..

I'll be going to KL from 14th to 17th..

Be back with more in depth research and will post a FR..

FR ... ...

Thank you for the info, I check from their product list, the are holding some products which can't be found in Swee Lee. That's just an alternate choice.

Talking about FR, this feels like reading sammyboy forum... ???

Re: FR ... ...

bongman said:

choon wai, how come every time you must make reference to that website? enough already.

Re: FR ... ...

bongman said:
Thank you for the info, I check from their product list, the are holding some products which can't be found in Swee Lee. That's just an alternate choice.

Hahahahahha.. yup... me too..

I'm used to reading to much Sammyboy la brudder..

FR ... ... Tears are not enough

soft said:
bongman said:
choon wai, how come every time you must make reference to that website? enough already.

Really ah? Tears are not enough ?!
Why are you thinking he is who he is I am?
I'm bongman, how bong can you go?
Pls stop associating me to your friend. THANK YOU!

KL trip

shred5 said:
I'll be going to KL from 14th to 17th..
Be back with more in depth research and will post a FR..
halo bro,
i going KL next week 20-22 dec04,
will post FR as well after visiting Bentlymusic.

KL music shop

I just got back from KL 2 weeks ago,

Bentley music (opp Lot10, next to Regent KL hotel)
- just like our Swee Lee, agent for Fender, Gibson, Roland
it's a big shop with about 4-5 storeys incl. a Roland Music School.
First flr is the basic display of guitars and keyboards,
Second flr is all the drums, Third flr is a music bookshop,
fourth flr is all the PA systems and speakers and Fifth is the school.

I check out the prices of the gear there it's about the same as in SG
after currency conversion. Someone was saying it's more expensive,
not true. I was served by a salesman with Dip in Multimedia and Grd 8
in Pianoforte and Violin. He was willing to give me discount if pay by cash.
Overall, it is the biggest music in KL.

Yamaha music KL sch
- it's just like Music plaza, with all the Yamaha products and a school,
situated in KL plaza which is next to Lot10.

Chamber music sch
- it is only a music shop as its name applies only for Chamber music instr.
at Sung Wei shp ctr.

going there again maybe next month, got some frenz there.
will give FR if see other music shp.

I was lucky to get a good deal to buy a used MC303 and a SP808.
The monorail happneing, but buy ticket is not automated, hv to quene
to buy from booth.

Thousand apologies for my late FR but better late than never..

Ok.. here's my so-call FR.. Ceh!! Like Sammyboy forum like dat.

Anyway, I discover 4 music storeother than Bentley on my trip to KL on 5th Dec...

The first was near Kotaraya area, near the famous Petaling Street. Please refer to area of image provided.

klmap2.jpg

This shop is unlike any other shop that I come across in my whole entire life..

From the distance, it doesn't look like any music shop because its situated in a "what-would-I-called-run-down-shophouse".

As I walked nearer, I could see cartons of flattened boxe stacked waiting to be disposed.

But As I went inside, my jaws DROPPED 8O !!!! And I mean dropped!!!

DAT SHOP HAS GOT A LOT LOT OF GIBSON GUITARS!!!! AND I MEAN GIBSON AUTHENTIC!!!! LES PAULs, SGs, FIREBIRDs, NIGHTHAWKs, ETC!!!

I'm not joking here nor am I pulling anyone's leg!! This shop has got more Gibson guitars than Bentley. Or should I say both Swee Lee and Bentley combined. :rock:

Those precious guitars are displayed in a glass panel top and bottom just like in Swee Lee's old gibson displays but this time its all over the shop.

Oh my!!! I was drooling just by looking at those Gibsons!!! :smt118

The most beautiful Gibson I saw was a Les Paul Custom Black Beauty. And it was selling for 10,000 Ringgit. U'll overcome ur drooling once U see the price tags though.

The shop is run by 3 middle-aged chinese uncles. All are customer friendly. One of them approached me and asked if I want anything. I just said I was browing around too look for drum stuffs. But actually my eyes were on the guitars. Literally SWEET!!

For Bass guitar lovers, no worry cos there are also variety of basses. From Fender to Ibanez to even their own local made basses. Bassist!! Feel free to explore.

The SECOND shop is directly opposite Chow Kit LRT Station. Couldn't catch the name of the shop as my taxi was going by. But it looks big to me.

Shop no. 3:

Location: Ampang Point...(Its actually a Yamaha Music Store outlet)
If I'm not mistaken, its on the 4th or third level. From Puduraya or train station, just take a cab. All cab driver should know this famous shopping district. The salesgirl is very chio man!!! Very the frendly and very knowledgeble about music stuffs. I saw this GORGEOUS Yamaha Oak Custom drumset selling at $12600RM.. Damn!!! but the salesgirl is much more prettier :smt098

Shop no 4:

Name: CITY MUSIC.. Hehehehehehe (sounds familiar???)
Warnin!!! Avoid this shop at all cost!!!! Basically, its got nothing worth looking or buying. I went in and I step out 10secs later.. Pity the name though. Our local City Music is 1 gazillion times better!!!! :smt040

There U go.. my long winded FR on the KL music stores. Hope that I didn't bore u guys/girls out there to death.

:)

I'm going to KL again from 5th Jan and will be there till April to further my music studies in ICOM. Check out their website at http://www.icom.edu.my and find out what we Singaporeans are missing out...

I'll be back with more FR and good grades.. Hopefully.. heheheheheh

Back