Any Dealer for EMU products in Singapore?

joel68

Is there any dealers for EMU products in Singapore? Not Swee lee..They seem not to have any intention of bringing in new stuff..Like Fantom XR..already available in US still not in Singapore?

Pls advise ! :roll:

PWL said:
If I'm not wrong, Sinamex brings in EMU stuff. http://www.sinamex.com/

Hope that helps!

Not anymore. I met Simon about 3 weeks ago.
However, they may still have some old stock.

Daxco also lists EMU as one of the product they carry but I have no idea if they are still dealing with EMU.

A worrying treand I've noted that is some on-line stores are doing away with EMU stuff (?low margins).

Thanks for the info...Sinamex doesnt look like carrying any emu stuff. I am looking for PX-7 Command Station which is pretty good compared to Korg Electribe stuff..

Seems cant get in Singapore..

I gave a call to Daxco...which was answered...well !! No response after that...

Singapore Music Dealer's Customer service really sucks !!! :x

Any bad experience ???

joel68 said:
I gave a call to Daxco...which was answered...well !! No response after that...

Singapore Music Dealer's Customer service really sucks !!! :x

Any bad experience ???

Depends on who you deal with.

No problem with City Music, Sinamex.
No problem with Music Plaza when Raymond was around, but find them too inflexible with respect to pricing. Not worth buying Yamaha stuff unless on sale.

So-so with Swee Lee (sometimes good but sometimes bad service) but in recent years their inventory is atrocious. Hardly see any new things in their show room these days eg V-synth, MC-909, XV-2020, Edirol stuff.

Bad experience with Daxco. Ordered a Nord Lead 2 Rack in 2002. Settled at a price of about $1,400 or $1,500. Was told that it would take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. Didn't arrive after more than a month. Cancelled the order and ordered the Virus Rack XL. Saw them advertise the unit later for ~$1,800!. Never trust them after that.

BTW, my feeling about EMU is that they will probably stop supporting the hardware synths. They have already stopped making hardware samplers and are producing computer based EMULATOR Samplers, due next month.

If you like their sounds, you can buy the EMULATOR CD rom collection quite cheaply (see their web page) and
1) use a softsynth sampler to play it back eg HALION
2) use it with their EMULATOR X system

joel68 said:
Is there any dealers for EMU products in Singapore? Not Swee lee..They seem not to have any intention of bringing in new stuff..Like Fantom XR..already available in US still not in Singapore?

Pls advise ! :roll:

BTW I just received an email from Swee Lee informing me that the Fantom XR will be arriving ~ April 2004.

BTW I just received an email from Swee Lee informing me that the Fantom XR will be arriving ~ April 2004.

That sounds like a good news...I've been waiting for it. BTW last sunday I was in Sweelee Bras basah, checking out for XR...the salesman told me he has no idea when they will be bringing in...a year??

Actually XR is due to release in April04 in the USA..do you think Sweelee will act so fast?????

As you said I had a good customer service in Citymusic Yesterday when I went to buy some stuff...

:lol:

joel68 said:
That sounds like a good news...I've been waiting for it. BTW last sunday I was in Sweelee Bras basah, checking out for XR...the salesman told me he has no idea when they will be bringing in...a year??

Actually XR is due to release in April04 in the USA..do you think Sweelee will act so fast?????

As you said I had a good customer service in Citymusic Yesterday when I went to buy some stuff...

:lol:

Better leave your contact with Adam.

"We will be expecting a shipment of Roland Fantom XR around April.
You may wish to leave your contact number so that we can contact you upon stock arrival."

Best Regards.

Adam Teoh
Sales Executive
DID: +65-6336-7886

Back