Anaki Records presents Very Rock Series: Drum Workshop

anaki

Calling all drum enthusiasts who love the sounds of the doom-doom-dah-doomdoom-doomdoom-dah, come on down for a rock drumming workshop held over 2 Sundays in September at Anaki Records. Conducted by drummer Tan Boon Gee, who has played alongside luminaries such as Ernie Watts, Eugene Pao, Marcus Printup and Aaron Goldberg, the drum workshop is split over 4 time slots, which you can choose to attend individually or as a collective of four sessions:

Session One [2.30pm, 02 Sept]
1. Basic 8th Note Grooves
2. Single & Double Strokes
3. Basic Drum Fill-ins Using 8th notes
4. Hands-on Trial
5. Q&A

Session Two [4pm, 02 Sept]:
1. Introduction to 16th Notes
2. Basic 16th Note Figures
3. Basic Drum Fill-ins Using 16th Notes
4. Embellishments: Hi-hat Openings etc
5. Play-a-long Demonstration

Session Three [2.30pm, 09 Sept]:
1. 16th Note Permutation & Recognition
2. Application of 16th Note to Bass & Snare Drums in Beats & Syncopation
3. Application of 16th Note in Fill-ins
4. More Embellishments: 5-stroke Roll on Hi-hat etc
5. Q&A

Session Four [4pm 09 Sept 2007]:
1. Combining Singles & Doubles for Beat Variation
2. Linear-drumming
3. Paradiddle Grooves
4. Creative Fill-ins
5. Ghost Notes

Very Rock Series Drum Workshop
Dates: Sundays, 2 & 9 Sept
Times: 2.30p.m. & 4p.m.
Venue: Anaki Records (58B Temple Street, Chinatown MRT station)

Tickets at $12 per session, $45 for four sessions. Limited seats are available so book early to avoid disappointment. Email jko@anakirecords.com or call 6534 8016 to reserve your seats. For more information, visit www.anakirecords.com

Each session is approximately 75 minutes long, with drum kits set up for you to have a hands-on feel at the end of each day. The first two sessions are tailored more for beginners or those needing a refresher course, whilst sessions 3 & 4 are slightly more advanced for drummers who already have basic knowledge. There's also a free & easy Q&A session after Sessions 2 and 4. Limited seats are available so it's best to book early. Tell your friends! :)

ROLL CALL !!! (once again) :D

myself and caijunlong have booked our places for sunday 4pm session (can't make it for earlier one)

any other softies going?? come come don shy.... :lol:

yups :D

pls call above number to book your slot. c u there and say hi (just shout "soft drummer" if not sure... lol)

met nkf31 at the workshop and pretty good experience overall :D

anaki records is a really cosy and nice place, there are 3 rooms with drumsets there (!) which makes you wonder if the owner is a total drum nut :lol:

on the whole, i found boon gee's presentation earnest and sincere. he told me honestly that he's still quite new to this, but we all know he has plenty to offer, i'm sure once he gets the hang of conducting workshops and classes it'll start to get going really good.

as one of 'soft drum ambassador' :)lol:) i invited him to drop by our next drum exchange, he's unable to make it for the next one due to his schedule.

guys if boon gee runs another round of classes, don't hesitate and sign up.

i enjoyed myself simply by sitting there and hearing clean, accurate playing *thumbs up*

cheers

yeah man he's playing is damn clean... very humble person and very2 open to people... great musicians!!! two thumbs up!!!

anyways alfe, nkf31 u got his number??? he seldom goes to soft.

i actually forgot to ask him for his number 8O

call or email anaki records (look for juliana) if you want to get in touch with him!!!

cheers

aiya cannot get lah... apparantly the freedom of information is at breach here...

oh well i guess i have to wait for him to pm me again...

thanks for the help neways...

cya soon bro

Back