A 2 day punk gig

screamevents

punkfest1poster.jpg

PUNKFEST2-2.jpg

done by RALPHEE

20 and 21 March 2009
we're not talented designers hope you guys like it !

UPDATES !
Right now.We are in the process of doing a
PUNK SG TOUR and we need help
from cash / venue/ bands and more

so please do help us !
for now. 2 days and this is not the end but start of punk gigs
do support us !

TO BOOK YOUR TICKETS
EMAIL TO 3SCREAMFEST@GMAIL.COM
DO NOT PM US FOR TICKETS !

PLEASE STATE : YOUR NAME , HP AND HOW MANY TICKETS YOU NEED

THANKS

Last edited:
should lower down the price!

YES! It's the first time screamevents
enters the punk scene. Like what we 'd say in the previous post
we're not a money maker . Everyone profit that we make
will be fund for the PUNK TOUR

we sincerely apologies for the error !

to black terror, GUYRENCE almost screwup just to help you guys
please call him

anyway !

support us!

baek pe! im soooo going on the 20th! "punk rock's back!" WOOO!
and, isit true dat misfit and ramones coming????? WHOAAAA SIAAA!

great line up! but the price is abit steep lahh. guess gig venues are getting expensive eh? haha! 20th march looks goooooood! see ya in the moshpit.

woah!!

ramones n misfits still alive? and if they are still alive why are they playing at music garage? HAHA

dammit!
good one! HAHAHA!!
am i just gettin sleepy or the idea of misfits and ramones(RIP)
playin in singapore is wacked! HAHA!

oit misfitsramones is a tribute band lah. if the real misfits and ramones are coming to singapore, my grandmother can walk back sia-.- pls come for the 21st if you want more fun!!

YES! It's the first time screamevents
enters the punk scene. Like what we 'd say in the previous post
we're not a money maker . Everyone profit that we make
will be fund for the PUNK TOUR

we sincerely apologies for the error !

to black terror, GUYRENCE almost screwup just to help you guys
please call him

anyway !

support us!
Great idea for a punk tour...but whats your plan on who's in the line up? like...is it some overseas punk band? or is it a feature of local punk bands? ....and , a "tour"? in sg? can help define pls? :)

i do understand that ScreamEvents have the good intentions and are not in it for the money BUT the tickets are way out of range guyz...really...big time.... plus it's at a venue such as Music Garage [with all due respect, not discriminating MG though yea... :) ] Pls don't kill the kids - - both the gig-goers as well as bands....

Thx for your eyes & ears...

Great idea for a punk tour...but whats your plan on who's in the line up? like...is it some overseas punk band? or is it a feature of local punk bands? ....and , a "tour"? in sg? can help define pls? :)

i do understand that ScreamEvents have the good intentions and are not in it for the money BUT the tickets are way out of range guyz...really...big time.... plus it's at a venue such as Music Garage [with all due respect, not discriminating MG though yea... :) ] Pls don't kill the kids - - both the gig-goers as well as bands....

Thx for your eyes & ears...

we really hope everyone knows what are our intentions are
about the price.We had a few meetings with our company
and this is really the best we can do for you guys

about money . Everything is rising so we really hope you guys support us !
we really seek everyone to spread the word or email
everyone.

About the tour itself, we are unable to leak out any news..more updates coming up!

we really hope everyone knows what are our intentions are
about the price.We had a few meetings with our company
and this is really the best we can do for you guys

about money . Everything is rising so we really hope you guys support us !
we really seek everyone to spread the word or email
everyone.

About the tour itself, we are unable to leak out any news..more updates coming up!
I do understand where you're driving at....
Still...the price u guyz are charging are way over the hill for a punk show...
I have done punk shows dating frm 9 years back at least...and would know what to expect...plus i feel that charging high ticket price is not a positive/smart step (that is,if you have the genuine interest of the punk scene here) :)
If u don't lower the price, u wont get much turn out at your shows...it's for your own good too guyz...
You are killin' the kids...the bands...the punk scene.....

Regards

I do understand where you're driving at....
Still...the price u guyz are charging are way over the hill for a punk show...
I have done punk shows dating frm 9 years back at least...and would know what to expect...plus i feel that charging high ticket price is not a positive/smart step (that is,if you have the genuine interest of the punk scene here) :)
If u don't lower the price, u wont get much turn out at your shows...it's for your own good too guyz...

Regards

[hi,sorry but please check the poster back]

Gigs across the causeway (be it underground, mixed genre) charge at least RM25 (which is a bit more than $10)... There's good turnout and not only that, the underground scene is pretty much alive because people pay to watch underground bands play even though one or two (or a few) bands may just be crappy... as a result of the ticket prices, a gig organizer is able to pay the bands who play in the gig itself (bear in mind that while venue rental may be cheap, the equipments in Malaysia are more expensive than in Singapore)... in fact, according to a regular underground gig performer there, the general sentiment across the causeway is quite the opposite... gigs that charge for free would be considered as killing the scene! :D

Performing band would normally make use of the opportunity during gigs to sell their wares, ie. CDs and merchandise... and these items can really sell... Some bands may even make use of gigs to extend their network, so that they can get more gig opportunities and wider audience... I guess, here in Singapore, there must be a paradigm shift in our attitudes towards what the underground scene is about... If we talk about supporting the so-called underground scene, it's time that we walk the talk and be willing to part with our money and support the bands in the underground scene where it matters most, pay to watch them play and pay to buy their merchandise...

And perhaps, we can start studying why the underground scene is alive and kicking next door... Just my two cents' worth

Last edited:
Gigs across the causeway (be it underground, mixed genre) charge at least RM25 (which is a bit more than $10)... There's good turnout and not only that, the underground scene is pretty much alive because people pay to watch underground bands play even though one or two (or a few) bands may just be crappy... as a result of the ticket prices, a gig organizer is able to pay the bands who play in the gig itself (bear in mind that while venue rental may be cheap, the equipments in Malaysia are more expensive than in Singapore)... in fact, according to a regular underground gig performer there, the general sentiment across the causeway is quite the opposite... gigs that charge for free would be considered as killing the scene! :D

Performing band would normally make use of the opportunity during gigs to sell their wares, ie. CDs and merchandise... and these items can really sell... Some bands may even make use of gigs to extend their network, so that they can get more gig opportunities and wider audience... I guess, here in Singapore, there must be a paradigm shift in our attitudes towards what the underground scene is about... If we talk about supporting the so-called underground scene, it's time that we walk the talk and be willing to part with our money and support the bands in the underground scene where it matters most, pay to watch them play and pay to buy their merchandise...

And perhaps, we can start studying why the underground scene is alive and kicking next door... Just my two cents' worth
Yea man....i agree with ya that our neighbours have a greater scene than us...:)
i played in m'sia before and the crowd there don really care who's playin, they support anyone that goes on stage...no matter if ur a m'sian band or foreign...no matter if ur their friends/well-known or not...it was a great sight to see...

BUT what i observed here in sg, for a long time, is that the crowd tend to go and only support bands which are either in, their friends, known and anythin along that category... Eg: if the mentioned kinda bands are playin, they would be right in front supportin..and when it comes to other bands, they would get out of the place or juz blend in with the walls....the island is already so small, why can't we give each other a hand?
Talking abt paradigm shift? How abt hoping for the crowd to give the same kinda support to every band at a gig?

And i don't mean doin the show as a free entry gig....maybe the price could be reduced to a favorable amt...considering the gig-goers are young students/ns dudes etc... Probably ScreamEvents could do a couple of moderately priced punk shows first so that they would be able to raise their funding frm there?... instead of this...
What i meant by killing the scene was that, should the crowd stay away frm the show, the bands would be playing to only a handful of ppl...which is sucky..
High price has a higher probability of keeping the crowd away-->keeps the funding away-->which would reduce the already the-so-not-much punk gigs that's taking place here...

So, yeah....juz my thoughts on this :)
Thx for the eyes & ears everyone

* lucy-ana.....punk rock's back???? ....it was never gone..... :)

a punk fest should be done and run by punks.

not dictated by some 'company'.

something is wrong with this picture.

for all those talking cock here shut up and do your own show.

there is an old saying, "for the kids, by the kids!"

go figure yo...

would like to add that underground scenes are very much alive most parts of south east asia.

even in singapore there's a lot going on in the so called 'DIY spectrum'.

lioncitydiy.com is a good hint but everything else....well...u all cannot be spoonfed can you? the charm about being in the underground is finding your own paths and ways and ideas.

Back