7 string buying help

wasp

I'm looking for a 7 string guitar, right now not so particular about brands or specs but it has to be 24 frets and fixed bridge. Been eyeing a few from online particularly ebay but as many here would say nothing beats going out to test and feel for yourself, so I'm going to do that this weekend. Budget not much, $500-$600 or maybe can stretch abit, any certain guitar from any shop that I can have a look and try? Also if anyone wants to sell theirs just pm me.

Ibanez-RG7321.jpg

Ibanez RG7321- no frills guitar, good value for the price

673396.jpg

Schecter Omen-7: one of the best on a budget, highly recommended

$500-600? Maybe a Peavey Predator 7? Just that it doesn't look as 'metal' as the Schecter and the Ibanez of course. Swee Lee has it but I'm not sure of the price. Should be quite a bit less than the Ibanez RG7321 that costs over a thousand...

Someone is selling a Peavey Predator 7, TOM bridge, for cheap here.

I checked out, but didn't play, some at Swee Lee Katong. Well made. Bare bones yes, and the electronics will need an overhaul, but sturdy, good construction and definitely playable.

If you can afford it, try to save for an Ibanez APEX 2. It's the indo version of the Korn signature but it comes with a Tonepros bridge and Dimarzio PAFs - so you probably don't have to upgrade/change much. 1.2k after discount I THINK.

I had the peavey predator 7, and I think that was me who sold it cheap haha. Really good guitar but the 21 frets are kinda limiting. Don't think I'd spend up to 1k. There are a few guitars up on ebay that have my attention but of course I won't be able to test it. Haven't been to guitar shops for awhile now, so I'm not sure which carries the 7 string. Help me point out so I can save time?

21 frets?!?!??!!!!???? Seriously? Wow. A 7 string with a wolfgang-shaped body... and 21 frets. Maybe Peavey made it with chug solely in mind. Heh.

Buy my C8 instead?

P5220236.jpg

Crimson colour, sweet. But I don't think I can come out the price that you are going to offer. Plus I won't know what to do with that extra lower string haha, though an 8 string has been in my consideration before. I dunno, maybe just hit me with the price, I MIGHT be tempted.

you PLAY with that 8th string. The low F# has proven to be very useful and I actually do miss it when I play my PWE 7. If you're getting a 7 for the extra low end, I see no reason to not consider an 8 string.

This is only for sale since I have an 8 string fanned fret Oni on order. I'll pm you a price. We can talk.

Went around guitar shops today and really, there are limited 7 strings around. Davis has a couple of 7 & 8 strings but for the price, I might as well get shred's guitar. But alas, it was still out of my budget. Also I seem to forget that my main use of a 7 string is for some Carcass tunes when the urge to play comes along. Think my search is over with the Dean Vendetta 1.7 and from reviews it seems to be a good guitar for the price. Perhaps with a few hardware changes, it'd be better. With the US currency going down now, seems to be a good time to grab. Also thanks shred for trying to accommodate with the offer, still couldn't afford to get it.

and i think swee lee has 7 string fixed bridge xiphos? you wanted a 7 string warrior isn't it? though it's not a warrior but still..

A warrior 7 string was my dream haha but I think through custom only as the normal ones are just 6 string. Anyway, just bought the dean through ebay already. Maybe next time if I hit lottery or something I can request Jackson to custom made for me.

Never. Just went to see look look. But if I think if I see the price I think Shred's guitar will still be a better buy.

i tune up my 8th string to G he he...

Oh? But how does that work out? E.g. playing almighty power chords?

I wanted to tune the low F# to E but then I got lazy... would probably need a .80 or maybe a .90 for the 8th string then, and it might not fit the tuner hole.

There's something VERY addictive about low-range chug.

Back