7 oct 06 - SOFT Online Store Launch Party

Ministry of Rock Power alll the way man! Mr Paul has got wicked guitar tone :twisted: Equally wicked guitar skills too!

Hur hur hur....thoroughly immersed myself in both Clinton's and MoR's sets. Won a Eastpak bag too....seems like a plausible clipon to my gigbag.

clinton and leo's duo was awesome man... too bad i had to rush off for work ... missed MOR ... not to mention i was humilated on stage for a ds-1 ... great stuff guys!

Some pictures of MOR

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

clinton carnegie was all about feeeeeel. you could hear him just talking thru his guitar. no need for fancy schmancy shredding, just pure communication.

and his 'band' was killer too. melvin (bass) was soft to the touch, but he nailed the groove down tight. when he swtiched to his bridge pup on his fodera, it was jaco tone all the way!

not bad since the 'band' was playing for the first time together.

MoR was high energy all the way!!! sir paulo's technique was killer as it was tasteful. pure power when it was suitably needed!! and the vocalist was so in control...hell, all can sing!!

great gig! :D

Re: ..

Clinton was feel throughout, funk fusion excellence. dont forget the drummers groove, superb :)

rottenramone said:
MoR was high energy all the way!!! sir paulo's technique was killer as it was tasteful. pure power when it was suitably needed!! and the vocalist was so in control...hell, all can sing!!

thanks man, being tasty has been my goal in playing guitar since the millenium. really appreciate the nice words from mostly those who met /seen me play live for the 1st time yesterday.

yeah we play and sing, but my vox Jatt Ali, he's da bomb. still amazes me each nite, esp when we cover Dio or Coverdale at the House of Rock pub. He just has that tone :twisted: Thanks again, softies \m/

MOR next outdoor gig at Esplanade outdoor theater, 28th Oct - Saturday. (will open seperate thread for this :p )

Wished I was there. I would love to check you out Paulo. Heard a lot of good stuff about uou and seen and heard some of your stuff on your site.

You should hold a guitar clinic on getting that tone - I know it's a combination of left-hand and right-hand, other than the gear, but seeing and hearing how it's done would be great to alot of people out there.

Cheers
RoRK

yesterday is in my own catchphrase

Krazy, Killer Kickass

btw thanx to james for the t-shirt and the free drink

really really really enjoyed the MoR set, OLD SCHOOL rox man 8) 8)

Back