2 questions about double pedals

Mr. Mouse

Hey guys, I just bought my Iron Cobra Rolling Glide from Sweelee on Wednesday and I love them! First time I'm playing such high-end pedals, so I kinda have problems getting used to the feel :\

I have 2 questions about the double pedals.

1. Where should I be playing my pedals at? Over the 'Iron', over the 'Cobra', or behind both? I've seen people on youtube who plays on all positions and they all can do 32nd note double bass easily. Personally I find the pedals easier to control when it is over the Iron, but I think it's a little to high up. I remember during one of my first drum lessons my teacher said he should be able to see the 'Yamaha' logo on the pedal (the pedal at the studio is a Yamaha Flying Dragon Chain Drive single pedal), which is approximately at the 'Iron' if I'm not mistaken.

2. How angled should the slave pedal be? Parallel or facing the left? If it should face left, how 'left' should it be?

Thanks for the help guys :)

1) That one depends. Just find your "sweet spot" where it's comfortable for you?

2) Parallel is supposed to be smoother action- but you'll have to see if it can fit into your setup.

1) That one depends. Just find your "sweet spot" where it's comfortable for you?

2) Parallel is supposed to be smoother action- but you'll have to see if it can fit into your setup.
1. But isn't the 'ankle technique' only possible when the foot is on the lower position of the pedal?

2. Hmm okay thanks for the input!

Back