12-stringers come together.... right now... over me.

daryl

haha i'll be getting my first twelve string pretty soon and realised that it's quite a rare breed around here, seems to be no talk about them. so here's a thread for it.

hmm with 12 strings you can tune the thinner strings either to unison, or an octave higher, or even another different note. seems like a great opportunity to get rich, exciting and fresh sounds. anyone care to share how you tune yours?

I've got an old Yamaha pacifica 12 stringer thats tweaked into a Malaysian Timber Merchant Deluxe Jaguar body and another baritone 12 stringer thats been in a work in progress for a billion years. Just need to open up a hole on the body to fit in some parts and its been there for ages.

12 stringers. Love it!

got a gibson eds-1275...the red sg double neck with 12 string and a six string...i just tune standard tuning for all the strings..love it...:) btw peeps..guitar not for sale..haha

i want one. any recommendations? not too expensive though.

it just so happens i am very influenced by led zeppelin and the eagles, so a 12 string guitar is a must. i'm sure i'd end up buying a eds-1275 in future. far future..

I used to have a Danelectro 12 string which I got from Ebay last year and I sold it to MrMisse, who I think, still has it..hehe..kinda missed that guitar..u could get Rickenbacker like sounds from it..just need to tweak it. Perhaps, I should have kept it..haha..might get another Dano 12 string in the near future.

i also wan one.any recommendations?

the bc rich 10stringer looks cool though

but i still want a 12 stringer
haha.

i think it'll be damn cool to tune the strings such that they clash lah
confirm can play noise core liao.
lol

Oh yah, if anyone`s keen, I can post song covers by the Beatles n other artists done with my old vocalist, featuring me with that Dano 12 string.

My friend just gave me his old Sandlin 12-string acoustic. Removed the old strings and threw in some silica gel to reduce the 'pregnancy' of the soundboard. Also tightened up the truss rod and strung it up with new strings and hey presto! Sounds bright and jangly like a 12-string should.

Reviving old thread... cos I found my self recently a beat-up Aria (handcrafted according to the label) with many issues that I've managed to rectify and now needing a set of pegs, nut and tuning heads.

Back