something in Stingray 5

garagesale_01

hey guys.

I've juz gotten a Stingray 5! like it totally!

aniwae i encounter some 'issues'.

1. when i hold the bass and shake, i realise there's something moving beneath the pickguard.
- what could it be? i thought it might be a 9V battery... but then again, there's already a battery compartment...

2. when i switch the pickup-switch to the left or right, the signal/volume out is good, 100%, but when i switch to the center... the signal/volume out is greatly reduced to maybe like 30%-50%...

anyone could enlighten me? i doubt the bass is damaged as i trust the seller...

Thanks!!!

maybe theres a dead roaches banging around in the stingray? kekekekeekeke

!!!!! it feels like a 9-volt battery.. i doubt its xiao qiang la... hahhahaa... if it is.. then it muz be like 30 of em. my gosh... gross...

okok...
but is there any 9-volt in beneath the pickguard?

hmm... when the pickups are switched between series and parallel mode there would be a volume drop due to the different movements of the electric signal. the volume drop shouldnt be too drastic though it should drop max 10%-20%<---(i think) from ur overall output signal on stage, usually at high volumes like durin extremely loud jam sessions or gigs would u really hear the vol drop. If there really is a drastic drop then u should bring it to the shop and take a look at the selector switch, the contacts might be dirty or some wire might not be contacting well. hmm.. thats just what i think though and experience so far.

may be dirty contacts or something wrong with the switch. a 30%-50% volume is not normal. there's only a slight volume drop when i switch between the 3 positions on mine. might want to get someone to check it out.

I'm having my eye on a stingray HH, but i dun like the 5 way switch. my past experience with guitars with 5 or 3-way switch is that the contacts will get rusty, and you'll get noise switching them, or volume low, or no sound at all.

or is the quality of the 5 or 3 way switch much better on a stingray and won't get rusty contacts problem?

for guitars, i've had problems with the strat design- it seems that the pup selector switch is placed too near the edge of the cavity. as a result, it is very vulnerable to being jarred loose

so i dont know if the same thing will happen to a bass, or other guitar designs for that matter

perhaps you could try taking out the battery, then shake. or opening the battery compartment to see what happens when you shake. perhaps it's loose battery compartment - and it's just your battery clicking around. After all the distance between the battery cavity to the back of the pickguard.. is almost the same thing. Ha ha.

when you hold the bass and 'shake' a sound comes out because you hand is repeatedly knocking on the body...maybe you should strap the bass highter...so that the 'shake' will not get hindered by the body....

another tonggeng question la....just joking ...hehhe

open the pick guard and see ....

Back