Zoom Q3HD vs H4n vs H2n

blueprintstudios;

Haha! Yeah, I vaguely remember that TV show. It was when he was still relatively popular for the right reasons.

Anyway, would the $100 top-up make a difference for a total amateur, though? Because well, if I get the H4n, I'd still need $$ for a DAW right? Unless I use Audacity or the free Sony Acid Express?

Also, am I safe to say that if I want a nice audio recording, go for H2n, while if I want an mutli-layer recording tool, I'm better off with the Korg?

=Kambodia.

For an affordable DAW, check out Reaper. If you're just doing minor adjustments to a single acoustic track, you can get by with Audacity.

Anyway at this point don't fall into the trap of overanalysing the different gear. There's great music recorded on 4-track tape decks and none of the technology freely available today. Any of these mics will be great.

H4n comes with cubase LE DAW.

$100 is paying for the xlr / 1/4" inputs etc.

like what carboxymoron mentioned www.reaper.fm , if not audacity.

Korg SR1 is something like H2n + H4n combined with +this -thats.

if you're layering at home, you don't need the korg SR1
if you're layering on the go e.g. jam studio drums , then just buy batteries and sd card and it converts your H2n/H4n portable.

Mmm, okay! I think I'd mull over it a little bit and decide what to get before the end of the sale! [Hopefully!]

Loads of thanks for the info though! Really clears alot! Haha! Thanks again! :D!

=Kambodia.

Latest posts

Back