zoom gfx5...gd???

shibby

i wanna buy leh... my fren got... i try... not bad... any comments or warning??? advices???? hehe

i own 1 ... been using it for more than 9 mths now ... maybe i'm a noob and i've not own alot of effects b4 ... but there r still alot to learn from it ... the setting and all ... many bros here thinks the distortion very digital ... yes, i agree with it ... kinda over distort for me ... the wah-wah range not long enuff ? (dunno how to discribe it) kinda limited ...

+ point, it has a built in drum machine, metronome, tuner (but i dont trust the tuner :lol:) think it's the cheapest gfx ard ?? it's kinda good for experiemental purposes ...

just a question...... coz im going to get the zoom g2... dont know if the funcitons are the same but... can you set like distortion + chorus... and if you wana play clean just press some button and the clean comes out with chorus ?

shibby said:
i wanna buy leh... my fren got... i try... not bad... any comments or warning??? advices???? hehe

get a Zoom G2.1U.

GFX8 does not come with USB. You need a midi interface on your computer or USB-midi conversion device if you want to edit patches on your PC.

G2 come with recording software too.

lppier said:
How about the korg toneworks series, how does it compare?

Pier.

Tonework AX 3000 comes with lots of features but no USB connectivity. Approximately costs S$500.
In my personal opinion, I will put 100 $ more and get a Pod XT live. Otherwise go down to cheaper alternative.
G2 should be cheaper than AX3000G, does anyone knows g2 price?

yup! gd advice!
haha
i no rich lah,cant afford ex wan..
my fren sae save n buy boss gt8 better...
i told him is save 30yrs then can...

Well I meant low-end series Korg like AX10g and AX1500g compared to Zoom's low end..
I played my friend's Zoom 707II (I think) and thought that it was ok, can find a few usable distortions/overdrives. The effects cannot make it subtle.. a little turn a lot already (if you know what I mean) If you wanna be anal, it ate a bit of tone also, digitalised the tone even during bypass.

Pier.

lppier said:
Well I meant low-end series Korg like AX10g and AX1500g compared to Zoom's low end..
I played my friend's Zoom 707II (I think) and thought that it was ok, can find a few usable distortions/overdrives. The effects cannot make it subtle.. a little turn a lot already (if you know what I mean) If you wanna be anal, it ate a bit of tone also, digitalised the tone even during bypass.

Pier.

Distortions/overdrives on multi effect units are very subjective and always depends on personal taste. One will say good things (real analog song blur blur blur) about his favorite products and bad things about other lines. So it will never be conclusive.

So just run some tests drive and see what do you like the most. But you can do apple-to-apple comparison for specifications/features within the same price rage.

Latest posts

Back