Yamaha SALE 27th May onwards

the new show room is cool with a good display for the DTX drums
which takes up a large portion of the shop.

display for synths/pianos has shrink ?!

so3

just a tot.
went to the sale 3 days ago.

i checked out the s03..keys are like the roland rs 50 and 70's....if u are a rock/prog metal kinda player...its a bit sucky for solos...feels sticky,,.
.feels like psr series keys...even my ten yr old sy 35 feels better.

the motif keys..whooooo...those are realii good keys man. yamaha only used such keys for their motif and electones i guess.

hmm..for similar or slightly better specifications and being more user frendly...wouldnt a 1k roland juno D
be more worth while..?

more patches,looks cooler(ahhh.tat is subjective..) lighter ( 5 kg!!) and better feel keys..

weii...pls dun bombard me...just a tot...okie..?

its disappointing that the leys section have shrunk...but then again i guess $780 for s03 is the best value any one can get for a "current in the shops" 1st hand synth currently. hopefully the sale will arrtact more guys to tat under emphasized section.....

Re: so3

hmm, does s03 really suck that much?, what i can afford now is the s03 for 780.., i've tried out the keys, their fine to me and the patches too. Now, is there any alternative to the s03?, i am using s03 for jamming and for performance.

nope it doent suck at all, in fact its quite ok for jaming, the patches are better than my sy35..whiwch may be jsut another version of s03 in its 1990s days. but i'm disappointed they reduce the keys quality prob to cut costs.

feel of touch is entirely up to personal perference, last time i also used to think nothing much about the feel, i think it deosnt matter to me, but years later,till i've tried b4 all the keysboards in weelee aljunied and several at beat merahacnt and boon, gradually i felt that certain songs that req chords jaming and solos need certain kinda a feel to get the"high" feeling.

maybe u can try out the keyboards at brasbrasah swee lee and city music peace centre. the roland juno D u can try at swee lee sims drive.

and again at 780.its quite a bargain.
but since u prob wun be buying another keys for the next few years.(probably?), another few hundred for highter weight and better feel and voices can be considered.

again its up to personal preferances lar.

150 Sims Drive #02-00.Singapore (387381)
Operating Hours 10.00 A.M - 7.00 P.M Monday - Saturday
Office Tel (+65) 6-8463610
Office Fax (+65) 6-7487036

its not easy to get there.a\even though its a nice place to jam...(yea they have a studio there)
its btw aljinied and kallang mrt,,,behind manjusri sec school..ten min walk...

yup SY35 vectorrrrr ...convenient to edit my patches....
but now plpl view it as antique liao leh. yet korg seems to be going retro by bring the vector joystick back to synths....hmmmmm

even before Korg Wavestation,
it was a norm to have a JOYstick on a synth
that was before the DX7 era

Back